Heated seat

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
can the element pad be replaced without tearing the foam padding all to hell. my seat takes forever to heat up.
thanks.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
pretty sure it can. IIRC there was a thread here or SVTP with someone swapping it all over to a seat that was not heated

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
hell yeah, ive wanted heated seats for years. I even looked into the factory setup but the "button" panel that goes in the factory spot was like $200 on ebay and that was without the heated parts that go on the seats. gonna look into a good after market set cause I love the ones in the wifes edge.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I plan to get some aftermarket ones as soon as she come back out of hibernation. Since I have a 'vert I'm hoping that heated seats can get me a few more top down days.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I plan to get some aftermarket ones as soon as she come back out of hibernation. Since I have a 'vert I'm hoping that heated seats can get me a few more top down days.

I added them on my vert for this reason. The button looks OEM and they work very well. No issues yet after almost 2 years and they were inexpensive.

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
so the more i dug into my issue of the seat not heating up in what i thought was a timely fashion, ( passenger seat is almost instant) i found out there is a relay\control module under each seat.
i gave mine a tap with a screw driver and my seat heated with in minutes. called ford.
$230.00... its almost spring...... right.

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
Swap the passenger one to the drivers side lol. That price is crazy, I wonder if you could get something aftermarket to work.

Sent from my Icon using Tapatalk

bcb06gt

Reaction score
so the more i dug into my issue of the seat not heating up in what i thought was a timely fashion, ( passenger seat is almost instant) i found out there is a relay\control module under each seat.
i gave mine a tap with a screw driver and my seat heated with in minutes. called ford.
$230.00... its almost spring...... right.

What type of relay? That sounds like a stuck contact on the other side of a relay coil. Can you swap the relay out? When the seat wasn't heating, did the button indicate the heater was on (I assume their is a light on the button)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
What type of relay? That sounds like a stuck contact on the other side of a relay coil. Can you swap the relay out? When the seat wasn't heating, did the button indicate the heater was on (I assume their is a light on the button)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a sealed relay, looks to be in a beige type of box, i would have to remove the seat to actually get a good look at it..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back