Helmet Question

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
Bah, I read too fast, lol. My reaction times generally suck, but have been steadily improving since I installed the 2-step.

This train is headed for a derailment...

mjohns930

Reaction score
Well the Pyrotect came and I ordered it one size too small. My big stupid head was right on the edge of two sizes so I took a gamble on the smaller of the two. Sent it back yesterday and hoping to have the next size up by the 26th. I will hopefully being heading to the test and tune at Sac raceway that day. Anyone run there? Is it a decent track? I have never been down a drag strip before so this is going to be an overload of information for me. Haha. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that you went with the SA instead of the M.

One of the differences between SA and M is that the M is not fire-resistant (actually, they burn quite nicely whether your head is inside it or not).

Another big difference is that the M is designed for one big hit instead of a lot of smaller ones as you bounce around off things inside your car. Even without a cage, A-pillars, B-pillars, and roof structure won't budge much when a helmet hits them, and you'd probably be amazed to learn just how far the human body can be stretched in an "incident".

Leave on the last yellow.

Norm

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Well the Pyrotect came and I ordered it one size too small. My big stupid head was right on the edge of two sizes so I took a gamble on the smaller of the two. Sent it back yesterday and hoping to have the next size up by the 26th. I will hopefully being heading to the test and tune at Sac raceway that day. Anyone run there? Is it a decent track? I have never been down a drag strip before so this is going to be an overload of information for me. Haha. Thanks for all the help everyone.

For future reference when ordering a helmet just tell them you own a Mustang and they will automaically send an XXL hemet..lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back