Help with Traction goals

Slow302

Reaction score
Hi all

New member here. Been doing a ton of research but wanted some fresh opinions from experience or knowledge.

I have a 2013 5.0 MT82
UCR/LCR
SR Shocks/Struts
3.5" 1 piece DS
3.31 Gear
Full exhaust
Whipple Gen 5 3.0 Stage 2
Exedy Clutch/flywheel
751whp/595 TQ
15x10 F14 Forgestars Rears
275/60/15 MT ET Street R
17x7 Radial Fronts

Strictly a street car. My goal is to hook in 2nd and have very little sway or loose feeling up top. I know I have sway now probably because of the MT rears with radial fronts. I do not want to run skinnies.

MT Street SS' be better?
M&H?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post

Thx

Jeff

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Drag radials rather than bias-ply would probably help things.

Not running low pressures down in the teens like you might at the strip for low speed traction would help as well. I don't think this point ever got mentioned. You'll probably wear out the tread centers faster, but that probably beats swapping ends at 100+.

You're running 215/55-17 up front, right?

Norm

Slow302

Reaction score
MT says their et street r's (not the bias ply)are radials with an R2 compound. Find that hard to believe. They look and feel like bias ply. Currently running 22 lbs in the rear. Yes they are 215/55/17

07 Boss

Reaction score
MT says their et street r's (not the bias ply)are radials with an R2 compound. Find that hard to believe. They look and feel like bias ply. Currently running 22 lbs in the rear. Yes they are 215/55/17

Yeah the R denotes radial, the ET Street is the bias ply. With that said you're not going to get more traction in a street tire than the MT Streets with the Street R's being a close second. If you can deal with a non street but DOT stamped tire I would suggest Hoosier QTP's. They're a bias ply though and you would have to get used to the feeling but I've driven them on the street if you can heat them up a bit. But honestly the only way you're going to get more traction is through your right foot and some serious looking at your suspension. I know you listed some parts but at your power level you really need to focus on that. Plot your IC and figure how much anti-squat you have and play with that. Are your shocks adjustable? That can make a difference on how hard your tire hits too. Remember the harder you get your tire to hit the shorter the duration so you have to play around to find the right balance. Oh and I used to run my ET Street R's at about 18 psi on the street.

Back