Help with windows please

tehsleeper

forum member
Reaction score
First thing, always always just wash your own car. The people at the carwash cut corners and try and finish as fast as possible.

I learned this the hard way.

My drivers side window looks like it's fogged 24/7 now. I think it's some kind of film on the window or something, I don't know what the car wash used to wash my glass, you can see streaks all over the windshield even a spot the guy missed. Had I been able to see all of this right after the wash I would have been all over them. Whenever I used windex on my glass it leaves streaks. Any recommendations?

Moral is don't get lazy, wash it yourself.

ixtlan

Reaction score
Well here is a little tip ya may not know about.
Over a short amount of time your windows will build up a layer on the exterior surface.
It consists of pollution, oil, dirt, and a variety of other stuff. This will be more prevalent if you use the drive-thru car washes due to the clear coat protectant (which is useless BTW) they spray on.
This layer is hard and the majority of glass cleaners will not remove it.
Run your finger over your glass and you can feel it.
So here is how you get rid of it:
Use Bon Ami cleanser. NOT Ajax or any other brand!!!!
Bon Ami is a very very mild abrasive and contains feldspar (The only brand of it's kind), so avoid your paint.
But it will not scratch your glass at all.
Wash your window off and on a wet rag put the BA on it to form a paste consistency.
And polish your glass. You will feel the BA cut the crap off the glass.
When done rinse it well and wash your car.
It will blow you away how much cleaner your glass is.

sook

Reaction score
I also use Stoners Invisible Glass spray after a normal car wash. I doesn't streak like windex. I think stoners is alcohol based and not ammonia based like windex. I could be wrong.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back