Hey guys, new here and need advice

wrenchbrother

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and new to the mustang world in general. I just recently acquired a very nice and clean 2005 Mustang GT Premium. I've been an import owner all my life and having a muscle car is something totally new to me. I acquired the car from a buddy who has installed a 78mm on3 turbo kit along with a long list of supporting mods. The car is currently on a base map tune from PSI Speed Inc using a Bama tuner. I know it's not tuned right or all the way and i'm dying to get it tuned right and driven like it should be. I got the car, finished up the build, and was hoping to be driving it soon but ran into a huge stumbling block. I don't know any tuners that are able to tune this car and everyone I've contacted can only get me in as fast as December. I'm dying to drive and I'm looking for recommendations for an online tuner or someone relatively close to eastern Kentucky that I could go to. I'm more than willing to pay and I understand the complexities when it comes to forced induction. I'm just feeling bummed right now because I got this new toy that I can't drive. It will drive up and down the road through the gears but I want it checked out before actually committing to driving this thing. Does anyone have any solutions for me? My car is currently on a SCT Bama Tuner.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, your thread has been moved to the Chat area, please review the posting rules for what is considered tech here.

As to your question -

Lito - [email protected] has a very good reputation as an online tuner - of late it's been commented that he's hard to get In Touch with @lito is his Screen name here

you could also try VMP or PalmBeach Dyno - I don't know if they still support the 3V market much - however they are both very good

Laga

Reaction score
What model SCT tuner is it. There is 1-4. The earlier ones are hard to update. The one I bought from Bama in 05 was not able to update to the present software and needed to be replaced when I started my mods in 2017.
Definitely give Lito a chance. His tuning is 20X better than the crap Brenspeed puts out.

wrenchbrother

Reaction score
What model SCT tuner is it. There is 1-4. The earlier ones are hard to update. The one I bought from Bama in 05 was not able to update to the present software and needed to be replaced when I started my mods in 2017.
Definitely give Lito a chance. His tuning is 20X better than the crap Brenspeed puts out.

I looked and couldn't tell which model it was an older one with no color and just LCD type display. Has arrow buttons on it.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section, thanks for moving it for me. I contacted Lito and hopefully can get something worked out!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does it look like this? SCT 3
sct-x3-handheld-tuner-4.gif

or this? SCT4
SCT-X4_7015_Tuner-Programmer_Installed_F150_002.jpg

or this X2?

SCTXCalII.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back