how long to get a tune?

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious of how long it takes to get a tune/revision from your current tuner? How long would you wait before you just gave up trying and moved on to someone else and just took a loss on your money or asked for it back?

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
I would say 3-5 days is the longest I would wait for an email tune. All they have to do is pull up a file and send it.

bullitt0175

bullitthead
Reaction score
As for asking for it back... Good luck. Search the forum and see how well that has worked out for most people. As for time, it depends on the tuner. Some of them are booked up for months, some of them can get you written in less than a week.

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some of the threads that go south real quick, not looking at flaming anyone, just wanting to find out who has had luck with who.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Depends on how good the tuner is and how badly I need the retune. I waited about 10 days for my first tune from Justin @ VMP, but it was worth the wait. The tune ran perfectly right out of the box. A tune revision for some new parts took maybe 3 days from him.

panama

forum member
Reaction score
I don't mind waiting for a tune, my first one from a new place took around ten days, partially my fault. I'm on almost three Weeks on a revision for cams which is what I wanted in the first place, I got a tune for without to just check them it out. It's been nine since I sent a reminder email without a response.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them both a call and check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDragon777

forum member
Reaction score
For basic stuff i do not see a reason for more than 5 business days but for something like FI or cams i might wait a little but yeah 3 weeks is a little long to wait.

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Lito always has had positive review on here, I'll pm him as well. Didn't have any luck with Brenspeed, wouldn't tune for my intake and my car ran horrible, they didn't seen to care. Chris is awesome with American muscle, very responsive, but talking to bama they seemed really bored by my couple of questions/concerns.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
If you have months of patience, go with amazon. You'll be luck to get a tune in 2 weeks.
i totally disagree.... anytime i need a revision they call me back within a day to confirm what they changed and i have it within in hour.... i VERY happy with amazon.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
My tuner fucking sucks at getting back to me!
The only reason I use him is I already paid and he's
A great tuner!! Not going to say any names
Though.

white07

Reaction score
I'd suggest hitting up Paul from Torq. Best reached at 877-870-8677

I've never had an issue with receiving a tune from him in a timely manner (when I had my 2011) and you can see my recent thread about my experience I just had with them http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80973
I might try him out. Will he tweak your tune for free? I've got a guy who will tune my car on the street but after I get my heads ported I'm going to be broke so im kinda looking for something to hold me over without hurting the motor.

On a side note I always thought my bama tune was lacking a little. Then I read somewhere that they had moved or something and if you had a tune from them that was before a certain time they wanted you to purchase new tunes. (Maybe I read it wrong but I raged).

I even bought a BBR tune when I was getting ready to spray and never downloaded it. Lol

Last edited:

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
my only experience is with Bama, and they take anywhere from the end of the day to 2 days <---rarely

Back