How much to get fascia resprayed?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Made the mistake of taking the Mustang to work on Friday. The highway got milled ("grooved pavement") overnight. Normally that's not a big deal, but there was a ton of debris on the road. I ended up with two scrapes on the driver's side, a couple dings in the hood, and my front fascia looks like it was hit with a sand blaster.

I was able to buff out the two scrapes completely, because I'm a level-40 Grand Wizard of Detailing. The hood I can touch up with Dr. Color Chip.

But the front fascia is going to need to be resprayed. Anyone have this done? What did it run you?

I've already contacted the State Highway Administration to start the process of filing a claim. See, my wife actually does construction for a living, and the contractors are required to sweep the pavement after a milling operation. Because they didn't do that, I can file a claim in an attempt to make those jackwagons pay for the damage. But I'll probably have to pay out of pocket and then go after the fuckers in court.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I just had one resprayed that I removed and dropped off. It needed minor sanding and prep that they did before painting. Cost was $276

nfrizell

Reaction score
Depends on where you are. Western Kansas body shops won't touch a car for under 2k. They also refuse to paint part of a car without being a able to blend It in. I thought about getting one pre painted off ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not messing with removing it myself; I'd just drop the car off. Should only be an extra hour or two of labor, right?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 600 to spray a brand new fascia, told them to eat a dick.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Where did you guys take your Fascias to get resprayed in this $300 range? I need mine redone and dont want to take it to MAACO

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Respray is 3.9hrs of paint time. Some repair time on top of that likely needed, say 1hr. Add for supplies (flex additive, hazardous waste disposal, etc)
It will probably be between $400-500.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It seems since most of the local body shops have been bought up and franchised, it is hard to get anything done for under a grand in my area.
I hit a deer and had to have my front fascia repaired, new headlight, and hood all done-insurance covered that. I also had a golf ball sized dent on my lower front fender and the shop offered to fix it for an additional $800. I got the paintless guy to do it for $100.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was quoted 600 to spray a brand new fascia, told them to eat a dick.

Where the hell did you go? Bluebonnet Collision charged me $300 for the rear a month ago. They charged me the same for the front a couple of years ago. The front GT original was pitted real bad (German winters) and they quoted me over $600 to prep and paint. I said fuck that and bought a new CS one for $500.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Location is going to make a big difference in the cost of body work my buddy typically gets $500 a panel

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Where the hell did you go? Bluebonnet Collision charged me $300 for the rear a month ago. They charged me the same for the front a couple of years ago. The front GT original was pitted real bad (German winters) and they quoted me over $600 to prep and paint. I said fuck that and bought a new CS one for $500.

Caliber

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back