How to install Subs in 2015 Ecoboost Mustang?

Discussion in 'Tunes!' started by Ecoboost15, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Ecoboost15

Ecoboost15 Junior Member

Would anyone happen to know if someone is able to install subs in the 15 mustang? I am curious because Ford designed the car to play the sound of an engine through the speakers to make it sound mean and not just a 4 cylinder turbo car. I am not sure if there is a wire to cut to disable this or how to bypass this setup so the sound would not be played through the subs.

I have tried to look for youtube videos but have not had any luck at finding anyone who has done this. Any ideas?

2. Scrat

Scrat forum member

ford had to play a sound of an engine through the speakers to make the car sound good?! good grief :shakehead:

3. Ecoboost15

Ecoboost15 Junior Member

So I would take it you don't have an idea?

4. 5.ohmygod

5.ohmygod Junior Member

Maybe the subs will make it sound like it's got an aftermarket exhaust.

5. Ecoboost15

Ecoboost15 Junior Member

Already has a full exhaust but thanks....

6. Scrat

Scrat forum member

No i dont but i did recently come across a youtube vid that says the sound can be disabled from the fuse box, fuse number 27 if i remember correctly. so you may be able to pop the fuse out then install your system without worrying about the sound coming through.

7. Mr. Q

Mr. Q forum member

you could probably put the subs in the engine bay. I mean, there's enough room, right?

8. Ryan Moore

Ryan Moore Junior Member

Make sure that you put in two 15's so that the bass will be nice and deep and then the exhaust can be heard really good outside. I did this once and the bass was so amazing that whenever I played the intro for "Hot for the Teacher", it almost sounded like a car that was all cammed out big time!
    Listen to the first 20 seconds of the song.

9. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member

first post in a 3 yr old thread?