I need some real tire heights, so....

LegendLives

Reaction score
this is what I need before I make my final decision and make my purchase.
First if I read the tire height for the OEM pirelli's I see they are to be 27.1" tall, but when I go and measure them on my car they are only 25-3/4" tall. Why the big difference? I know they are mounted and car weight but does that reduce tire height that much? I am looking @ the Nitto 555 Extreme 255/50-17, the stated height is 27.09" . Does these run true to size? What I really would like is those of you that have these tires or something similar if you could please go measure your tire height and post here for me to compare and so I can make a better decision.
Note: I want to keep as close to 27" as possible to help fill in the wheel gap as I wont be able to lower for quite awhile yet. Funds are really tough right now, but I need new skins. Thanks guys and gals.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From my experience nittos tire height specs are accurate, i have nitto 285/40/18 on the back their site says 26.97 inches tall and i measured them at 27"
and i have the nitto invos 255/45/18 up front, the site says 26.93" and i measure them at 27". They have 32psi in them. So nitto's listed tire diameter and my measurements were basicly dead on.

Not sure whats up with your measuring but there is no way the stock 17s with stock 235/55/17 pirellis are that short unless yo u have no tread left and they are extremely underinflated.

LegendLives

Reaction score
I went back out to the garage and checked air pressure and was a little low but not bad so I made sure they were 36psi and re-measured and still it is shy of even 26". Thanks for the measurements. So by the Nitto specs for the Extremes 555's they should be 27.09

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As far as my experience with the 3 diff tires/sizes from nitto the advertised diameters were spot on.
I have used the nitto invos, 555, and 555r dr's

LegendLives

Reaction score
Thanks Lightblade, I just want to be sure so as not to be disappointed cuz I spent monies and dont get what I really want. Thanks again

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back