I searched. 07 auto new to me trans, suspension, maintenance questions

insuranceguy

Reaction score
I have an 07 mustang convertible v6 auto that’s new to me with 132k miles no idea of the maintenance history. Have a few things I’m wondering about since I’ve never owned a mustang and after searching I’m just spinning my wheels on some stuff.

Problems I’m wondering about.

1. Transmission takes longer to engage than I’m used to when shifting to drive or reverse especially.

( I have read varying items on this including people speaking of solenoids needing replaced others talking about fluid level. I was considering a flush the shop I’m speaking with said they do no use a pump with the machine the transmissions pump is used for the flush. My thought is that way I have clean fluid and know the level is right)

2. The car pulls slightly to the right and at speeds above about 50 up to 70 which is the fastest I’ve gone yet the steering wheel shakes

(I got an alignment as soon as I got it and it came to me with new tires with weights so I assume they were balanced correct but I plan to get them rebalanced. The shop that did the alignment said the inner and outer tie rods are good.)

3. Rear left squeaks or a similar noise randomly though mainly over bumps.

(Haven’t had the chance to really look at the rear suspension to see what’s worn and what’s not and I can’t seem to locate a common problems or known issues thread on the forum)

4. I’ve done the guides chains etc on a 4.0l out of an explorer and don’t intend to hate my life that much again so what is required engine maintenance for these things not the lies the print in the manual.

( I would really like to know also if the guides and chains have a semi set life or if I essentially am waiting to hear them)

5. Does anyone know of the right frequency for the keys in these or of a cheap brand that has worked often?

(I’ve bought transponder keys for fords off of amazon previously and it’s always gone well but there is always that once.)

Any other known issue info etc would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks to the search I do know about the leak on the passenger floorboard so hopefully that will be a this weekend project.

Also thanks to the search I know how much I don’t want to have to clean my convertible vent drains

And awesome info on the forums about the Mach stereo system.

Also shout out to [mention]Juice [/mention]for being awesome about purchasing his Diablo sport tuner so I can do something about the stupid kickdown delay that was driving me nuts the forum search also helped me with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott88

Reaction score
I had an annoying squeak coming from the rear, passenger side of my 09 GT500. After a long search, the solution was boom mat on the frame under the rear seat, side wall, and the space in between. The squeak is completely gone and less road noise too (of course, I did both sides). Well worth the money and a very easy install.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Change oil regularly, with good quality oil. If the rear chain goes, you have to pull the engine. So all you can do is maintainance.

Clean the cowl drain on the passenger side. You have to remove the cowl cover at the base of the windshield. When that clogs, you will get water inside the cabin. Comes in through the ac/heater box. Might as well put in a new cabin air filter while you are there.

Good deal the tuner helped.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back