Installing 7 rib, I need tool to install A/C pulley..........I have a headache...

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installing 8 rib, I need tool to install A/C pulley..........I have a headache...

I am replacing my pulleys with a 8 rib. I was able to remove the pulley with a pulley puller, the KB instructions only tell you to install new pulley and that's it. I went to Autozone to rent some tools for the crank pulley, power steering and the one to pull the A/C pulley. Can you guys tell me how or where to get a tool for this please. Thanks.

ED

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
You have a 7 rib set up? Must be custom :buttkick:I will come look at it tomorrow and bring you a hammer :roflmao:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All you need to remove the A/C pulley is a set of snap ring pliers. Remove the outer clutch assembly (I forgot how exactly but it was simple.) Then remove the snap ring and slide the pulley off.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All you need to remove the A/C pulley is a set of snap ring pliers. Remove the outer clutch assembly (I forgot how exactly but it was simple.) Then remove the snap ring and slide the pulley off.

The problem is the installation, the pulley is already out but for some reason the new one does't slide in.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. Hopefully is noob inexperience.:bigbeer:

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the pulleys are hardcoat anodized. This plating sometimes causes excess buildup which will make bore sizes smaller. The plating is hard and will take some polishing to remove. (Best done on a lathe with scothbrite). If it still doesn't slide on you may want to inspect the inside diameter with proper gages. If you don't have inspection tools maybe a machinist buddy or a local shop can help.

Before you start you may want to contact your supplier because once you begin polishing it they may not accept a return.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Before you start you may want to contact your supplier because once you begin polishing it they may not accept a return.

I'm betting that the guy that replied to him two posts up is the supplier:wasted:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:bigbeer:Thanks guys, I used some sand paper to clean the surface and it went in very easy.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back