Is that a 302?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
My wife's Toyota RAV4 4x4 V6 has 269hp. 300hp isn't a big deal anymore. Shit the new V6 Mustang's and Camaro's have more hp. Less torque, but more hp.

My wife's Edge Sport V6 has 305 :nana1:

PS - the "new" 5.0 has 420 hp. :hi:

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I love people at the track. I had 3 people tell me they were 100% sure that my car with minor bolt ons and radials would not break 8.7. I proceeded to make an ass of them and my self. DOHH! not getting a 7.9x pass because I short shifted both times.

Yes the video sucks and yes that is my daughter in the video(she is more supportive of my mod addiction than her mother)

Last edited:

etc1006

forum member
Reaction score
Back when I had my 92 LX 5.0, I stopped for gas and a guy was like " Hey, does that have a cam in it?". I thought quick "Yep, sure does!". All I had was aftermarket headers, hi flow cat pipe and flowmasters. I wasn't lying, it DID have a cam.... ;)

08stang

forum member
Reaction score
i swear no one knows ford put a 4.6 in a mustang unless they owned one. i cant count how many times i have been asked " that's got a 5.0 in it right?" then followed by me trying to explain that the 5.0 push rod has been dead for more than a decade, i thought it was bad before the new 5.0 now anybody that has seen a commercial or magazine add thinks that all mustangs have 5.0's now, i just need to upgrade to a B302 short block from Brenspeed so i can say yep and move on with my life.

reefblue93

forum member
Reaction score
i swear no one knows ford put a 4.6 in a mustang unless they owned one. i cant count how many times i have been asked " that's got a 5.0 in it right?" then followed by me trying to explain that the 5.0 push rod has been dead for more than a decade, i thought it was bad before the new 5.0 now anybody that has seen a commercial or magazine add thinks that all mustangs have 5.0's now, i just need to upgrade to a B302 short block from Brenspeed so i can say yep and move on with my life.

I wouldn't say "dead"....:evillaugh:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Gee....some people might actually have a fuckin life outside of Mustang knowledge or the lack there of. But yet their ignorance.....for shame for sure!:handjob:

reefblue93

forum member
Reaction score
Gee....some people might actually have a fuckin life outside of Mustang knowledge or the lack there of. But yet their ignorance.....for shame for sure!:handjob:

Then there are those who don't take message boards on car forums so seriously... LOL

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^ I guess people forget about the pre-terminator Cobras ^^^^

A lot of people I've dealt with had no clue there were Cobras made in 99 and 01. They know about the 93's, 96-98's, and 03/04's. A buddy of mine had someone tell him his 01 wasn't a real Cobra because swapped an SRA for the IRS.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone who's asked me about my car already knew about the new 5.0. Maybe it's because there are so many Mustang owners out here?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was taking pics around January of '11, when a woman walked up to me and said, "You know that's not a real 5.0!"

She apparently had no clue about the Coyote and was trying to catch me faking the funk.

Jokes on her, as I proceeded to say, "Actually, it is a 5.0, however we all know those tits don't really perk up like that on their own."

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
One time I was at the 7 11 and I come out and this 30 year old guy comes up and the conversation went like this

Guy: Is that your Mustang?

Me: Yeah it is. Its just a V6 nothing special though.

Guy: Oh man it looks really nice and sounds pretty good.

Me: Thank You, I really like it.

Guy: Does i have a 5.0?

Me: Uhhhh it's a V6 It is a 4 litre.

Guy: So is that what the officiL NAME OF THE 5.0 IS?

mE: NO THE 5.0 WAS A v8 THAT fORD HASN'T USED SINCE THE 1996 mUSTANG

gUY: oH OK, WELL STILL YOU HAVE A NICE CAR

mE: tHANK yOU

*Sorry for the caps

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Not related to the 5.0 discussion, but I can't begin to count the number of people who will walk up to my car at a car show, hood open, and turn to their buddy and have this exchange:

Dude: Wow, that's a cool looking car.

Expert Dude: Yeah, this is one of those Saleen cars. The make them pretty after Ford is done with them. It's all show stuff though, otherwise it's just a stock Mustang.

Dude: Oh, really? It's not faster than a stock Mustang?

Expert Dude: Nope. All looks.

annoyed-facepalm-picard.png

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
I was taking pics around January of '11, when a woman walked up to me and said, "You know that's not a real 5.0!"

She apparently had no clue about the Coyote and was trying to catch me faking the funk.

Jokes on her, as I proceeded to say, "Actually, it is a 5.0, however we all know those tits don't really perk up like that on their own."

misc-genius.png

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
One time I was at the 7 11 and I come out and this 30 year old guy comes up and the conversation went like this

Guy: Is that your Mustang?

Me: Yeah it is. Its just a V6 nothing special though.

Guy: Oh man it looks really nice and sounds pretty good.

Me: Thank You, I really like it.

Guy: Does i have a 5.0?

Me: Uhhhh it's a V6 It is a 4 litre.

Guy: So is that what the officiL NAME OF THE 5.0 IS?

mE: NO THE 5.0 WAS A v8 THAT fORD HASN'T USED SINCE THE 1996 mUSTANG

gUY: oH OK, WELL STILL YOU HAVE A NICE CAR

mE: tHANK yOU

*Sorry for the caps

Not to be a stickler, but the last 5.0 was 1995. :beerdrink:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Not to be a stickler, but the last 5.0 was 1995. :beerdrink:

I caught that one, too, since I had a '95 GT, and used to be so proud to say "it's the last year of the 5.0" during the time the 2V 4.6 crap came out from 96-98.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back