Is this damage bad ?

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
On my way home today when some young kid on a cell phone drove straight into me. Is this damage something that can be fixed or is my baby fucked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking this pony has gone to a better life...damage is too great IMHO

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It depends on the insurance company. They went to 90% on my sons sentra.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
I have put a lot of time and money into the car, I don't want it fixed like shit and it drives terrible for ever. If they total it I'm sure the insurance won't care that I have thousands in performance part, right?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have put a lot of time and money into the car, I don't want it fixed like shit and it drives terrible for ever. If they total it I'm sure the insurance won't care that I have thousands in performance part, right?

You will want to swap as much stock stuff back as you can, if they total it.

If you had a rider policy for the mods, you would be covered.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Be sure to retain control of the vehicle if at all possible. Don't let the insurance company steamroll you and you lose all your mods. If it does get totaled then get it towed to your house and tell them you need a week or two.

Sorry to see this. Getting wrecked is my biggest fear with my car as well.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Yup totally sucks, 1 block from home sitting at a red light. So I can have it towed to a shop for evaluation and if they deem it totaled I can get it towed back to my house to demod? Or should i be putting stock rims and easy stuff on before it gets towed away?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Do not ever forget that it's YOUR car until the insurance company buys it from you. If they indicate that it will be totaled then I'd be willing to hire a tow truck on my own to pull it back to my house for de-modding.

walker2t

forum member
Reaction score
My biggest fear when ever I take it out of garage... too many people staring at phones. I have had to swerve more than once. Sorry about the Stang but how are you? Your neck has to be hurting.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
I honestly was so pissed off once it happened that I couldn't feel anything. Now that I'm home and drinking I actually am stiffening up, nothing bad though. Thanks for all the great advise!! I have never gone though this before so it's greatly appreciated !

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've paid attention to posts by others here who have gone through it. I'm sure some of them will be along to offer their advice as well.

Anyway, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Begin forming a game plan on what mods you want to remove and how you will accomplish that. The insurance company will still want something that sort of looks like a complete car but if it is totaled then they aren't going to be too picky. If you remove the engine then you'll need to stick something that looks like an engine back in the hole under the hood.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Hope you're ok man?! You should have went and got checked out, that was a hard hit to be sitting at a dead stop! Good luck, I would be very mad as well though!

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Any and all advice will be greatly helpful as I have never been through this before. Luckily he has good insurance. Same company as me.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I would deff get checked out bud. I got hit like that and it messed me up pretty good. I would say its probably close to totaled.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
If you have a place to keep it at your house, go ahead and have it towed there. The adjusters can come to your house to examine it. They don't need to take it anywhere for that but, they will try to get possession of it, then it will cost you to get it back.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good, yup I got extra space in my garage and it currently is in there. The cops let me limp it home since I was just down the street. I will see what I can do to get someone out to my house to evaluate the damage.

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks! sorry for your misfortune. They will probably fix it unless there is frame damage. Here is a pic of mine, girl pulled out infront of me and I hit her doing 35-40mph. It did 11k in damages and they fixed it.

Wrecked001-2.jpg

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
My worry is if they do fix it, and I go to sell it later its gonna show a pretty major rear end damage report. This car was totally accident free prior to this, and I would think this will lower my resale value even further.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back