JLT oil seperators question

Phil

forum member
Reaction score
So Ive had these on for about 1 oil change, i opened them to check them and empty any contents, only the Pass side had any oil in it, small amount, the drivers side was dry as a bone, is this common? Do I even need the Drivers side?

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Drivers side is usually for boosted applications

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Phil

forum member
Reaction score

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I provided 2 more links for you in my previous post that was edited.. Also type in different questions in the search box.. At any rate, on a Coyote 4v the PCV/vacuum is on the passenger side cam cover which is exactly where your catch can is supposed to be trapping oil from.. Therefore you do not need to run a second can on the driver's side, as your driver's side is your fresh air/ventilation intake port..

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There driver side one will only have oil from either forced induction or long periods of high-RPM full-throttle, like you see on a road course.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
There driver side one will only have oil from either forced induction or long periods of high-RPM full-throttle, like you see on a road course.

Especially when it concerns centrifugal type displacement blowers that don't include integrated boost bypass valves like those from a positive displacement type offer.. For additional protection, there are also billet oil cap breathers that include integrated one way check valves which also vent the crankcase during long periods of high-RPM throttle just as you mentioned..

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back