Just Installed JBA's, Now Brake Touble

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Just finished the JBA install finally! As soon as i began my road test after being deafened by my new lack of cats, i released the e-brake and felt something click. I began to reverse back but it felt like something was catching. Sure as shit, as soon as I made it out of my neighborhood I started getting a lovely smell of hot brakes coming from the rear driver side. I'm letting them cool off now but has anyone experienced this problem before?

I'm sure that nothing done during the header install that contributed to this, that being said this was my first time installing headers. That caliper is relatively new with around 5k miles on it and the same amount on the pads. There is no e-brake light on and no codes coming on.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Is it possible the cable came loose from the handle and is stuck "on" ?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Pull the center console and see if everything is releasing there.
Had nothing to do with the long tubes I am sure.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Yeah that could be, I'll look into it after work. I pulled the wheel and the end of the e brake cable didn't move when i engaged and released it so you could be right.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd disconnect the handbrake and go for another ride. I froze mine up 2 years ago and drove with it disconnected for about a year.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
The split for the two cables is about mid-car in the trans tunnel. Could easily have one of them stuck. They can be a pain to swap, but they are easier in these cars than the older Foxes and SN's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back