K-member clunk

kona_302R

Reaction score
I apologize if I’m asking a silly question, but I want assurance before I do this.

So I loosened (but not removed) the two passenger side bolts for the K member (pic related) and then after I lowered the car I torqued em down. I thought thats how the procedure went but now theres a noise coming from passenger side suspension. Would lifting the car and torquing the bolts fix this problem? For reference I torqued them to 85 ft-lbs86B7B6D5-5640-4A4E-9133-DFA0879613A7.jpeg

DieHarder

Reaction score
Why would you need to loosen the K member to lower the car? What else did you do to the car? I find it unlikely sound would be coming from it if it's torqued properly. More likely culprits are struts, strut mounts and sway bar links (at least in my experience).

07 Boss

Reaction score
I find it kind of intriguing that you would loosen the K-member to lower the car. I'm not understanding the purpose. I've changed springs multiple times and never touched the K-member. Only time was when I actually changed it out. But either way it wouldn't clunk unless you didn't tighten it back up. If you lowered the car I would suggest tightening up your endlinks,. That's probably where the clunk is coming from. You have to use an impact or hold the bolt from spinning while you tighten the nut or it will just spin and spin and never get tight.

Reaction score
I apologize if I’m asking a silly question, but I want assurance before I do this.

So I loosened (but not removed) the two passenger side bolts for the K member (pic related) and then after I lowered the car I torqued em down. I thought thats how the procedure went but now theres a noise coming from passenger side suspension. Would lifting the car and torquing the bolts fix this problem? For reference I torqued them to 85 ft-lbsView attachment 91873
It is more likely the noise is a result of your lowering mods. Why would you think it is the K-member? If it makes you feel better try tightening them with the weight off the suspension. That is how the factory does it.

diambo4life

Reaction score
You didn't need to touch the k member at all. The clunk is coming from elsewhere. If you have the ability to place your car on a lift, i would check all the suspension bushings. Move stuff around and try to reproduce the sound.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back