KABOOM! Now off to Brenspeed for a B326 stroker!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Have you blown the tires off at highway speeds yet? If so was it intentional or unintentional? Lol.

Ha ha! I know you've been there Bruce so I can't lie. When Jon Lund and I were street tuning this thing the second revision I got is when the madness came on like a beast. About 1/3 throttle in 2nd gear the boost hit so hard and fast it scared the shit outta me when it lit the 325/45/17 drag radials up with ease as if they were like bicycle tires lol. It took every bit of WOT when I had my M90 to accomplish that in 2nd gear. WOT on this car now in 3rd gear at 50 mph and 3k rpm will break em loose. Insane. Will be interesting to see some time next year what this car will do on the track when I get my T56 Magnum and rear diff built up.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Have you blown the tires off at highway speeds yet? If so was it intentional or unintentional? Lol.

Lol.. yeah the first time that happens it is interesting especially if you are not expecting it!

Congrats! Really nice ride and attention to detail. I appreciate those that go that extra mile..

I know you are proud of it and you should be.. now go and enjoy it!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

It sounds so Baddddddddddddd

And I thought my little B302 was OK at 652 RWHP.

Fun times for you Big-Guy.
icon14.gif

Terry

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Lol.. yeah the first time that happens it is interesting especially if you are not expecting it!

Congrats! Really nice ride and attention to detail. I appreciate those that go that extra mile..

I know you are proud of it and you should be.. now go and enjoy it!

Thanks! Can't wait to see your 3.4 Whipple R spec!

Bad ass ride, Tim. Looks great!

Thanks Brian.

Hi Tim,

It sounds so Baddddddddddddd

And I thought my little B302 was OK at 652 RWHP.

Fun times for you Big-Guy.
icon14.gif

Terry

Thanks Terry. Hope to see you at Cars and Coffee soon.

Still a completely sick ass car bud

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Dillon.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Car looks great and what a beast you have now! Have fun and be careful, you now have a zero - dead in no time haha

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks great and what a beast you have now! Have fun and be careful, you now have a zero - dead in no time haha

Thank you. No kidding. Thanks to higher temps near 80 yesterday and lowering the tire pressure in the drag radials has definitely helped with the traction.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Tim,
You're car turned out great!
Real nice! And great attention to detail!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Tim,
You're car turned out great!
Real nice! And great attention to detail!

Thanks Jamie! I appreciate you taking the time over the phone to share your experiences with all the F/I options.

Can't wait to see your car when it's all done. It's just going to be a beast! You pulled out all the stops on this build!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
What's the mileage difference?

And your car looks amazing... makes me want to upgrade my KB to a 2.8LC.

Thanks bud. With E85 you see about a 30% drop in fuel mileage. With my setup on E85 it's about 10 mpg. With the car being mostly a weekend toy the mpg doesn't bother me. E85 here at the local Kroger is 2.99 per gallon. Lund Racing also gave me a tune to run the car on 93 in case I want to take a long trip where E85 availability might be scarce.

Raeko

forum member
Reaction score
Well worth the 10 mpg when you consider the fun factor

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

crownaviation

Reaction score
Thanks bud. With E85 you see about a 30% drop in fuel mileage. With my setup on E85 it's about 10 mpg. With the car being mostly a weekend toy the mpg doesn't bother me. E85 here at the local Kroger is 2.99 per gallon. Lund Racing also gave me a tune to run the car on 93 in case I want to take a long trip where E85 availability might be scarce.
I get about 10ish at 65 mph with overdrive on. Range sucks with the e85

I have the same fuel range problem when I go to Texas. I can barely make each fuel stop on the way... And pray I can have the discipline not to take up those challengers along the way lol... That would leave me fuel critical lol. Plus.. I always call those stations in advance to make sure it is available.

In future I will get a pump gas tune but have to watch out as I will make more boost than pump gas can handle... And don't want to be swapping belts and pulleys along with the tune just to go on a road trip...

Last edited:

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
In future I will get a pump gas tune but have to watch out as I will make more boost than pump gas can handle... And don't want to be swapping belts and pulleys along with the tune just to go on a road trip...

You won't have to go through all that mess. If your 15 psi or less, have timing pulled in the tune and don't get in the throttle too hard you'll be fine with a simple tune swap. Now...if you just can't behave....then thats a whole separate matter LOL.

crownaviation

Reaction score
You won't have to go through all that mess. If your 15 psi or less, have timing pulled in the tune and don't get in the throttle too hard you'll be fine with a simple tune swap. Now...if you just can't behave....then thats a whole separate matter LOL.

Lol... I was a touch over 23lbs of boost before the new setup. I am going to be hunting the 28+psi territory or whatever the bitch will give me. Thus the o-ring in the block and heads..

Last edited:

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Going to have to go into your tune and set the rev limiter to 3k crown haha.
Car has come along way Timmbo, looks and sounds sweet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back