KB Mono Blade 168mm TB Installation

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
S197 people,

Does anybody know what is needed to install a KB 168 Mono Blade TB to the BPS elbow for my 2013 GT500 TVS?

All the research i found is that i might need a adapter plate for the KB bolt pattern but I cant find a seller or manufacturer for adapter plate. 1320 Junkie Performance had a picture a while back but i contacted them and they said they don't make those anymore. Is there any other option? And who sell the KB Mono Blade 168mm these days?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the Gen2 and Gen3 have different bolt patterns and you need the gen 2 pattern. I have seen people weld and redrill the elbow, or buy a new elbow.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding is the Gen2 and Gen3 have different bolt patterns and you need the gen 2 pattern. I have seen people weld and redrill the elbow, or buy a new elbow.

Thanks for the info. I just chatted with a VMP rep an he was pretty set that i should buy a twin setup instead for drivability. I'm not sure how much of an inconvenience are the big mono blades. I am just trying to avoid buying parts twice once i reach some goals (700-800 hp)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Big mono blades are quirky. I have a Whipple and it’s killed the TB motor twice. From what I know the FRPP mono seems to be the least finicky

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran the cj mono but swapped to the vmp twin 69. The drivability is much better on the twin.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I emailed Lund team to see what they say about:

BPS Elbow
VMP Twin 69mm TB
JLT 148 CAI

After I install my headers that’s the next step. AM just gave me an out of this world deal on SW 1-7/8 and their cat back. The headers and off road X for $262, so it has accelerated my plans.

Eventually I’m in between Kenne bell 3.6 and new Whipple 3.8 and I don’t want to buy things I will not end up using much. I’m ok selling a few but trying to make the right moves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Well, found an KB flanged X.B.A. Elbow for sale. I just need the KB 168mm Mono and JLT CAI. I think TPS has the KB Mono for sale, waiting on Lund team to reply with any suggestions.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back