Kooks Headers not good?

Chente_04

forum member
Reaction score
So I emailed a shop here that is known for working on Mustangs, lightnings, etc. about the price for installing the Kooks Longtube headers I bought.

I got a reply saying " I hope you did not buy the Kooks mid length headers"

Are people have issues with the kooks headers?

Thanks,
-Jorge

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never heard anything but good things about Kooks.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I emailed a shop here that is known for working on Mustangs, lightnings, etc. about the price for installing the Kooks Longtube headers I bought.

I got a reply saying " I hope you did not buy the Kooks mid length headers"

Are people have issues with the kooks headers?

Thanks,
-Jorge

They may be a direct dealer for another brand. They want to sell you the part, as well as install it.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Kooks are a pain to install on the 5.0. Probably the most time consuming. Performance is about the same as the other brands.

Chente_04

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving me peace of mind everyone!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I will be more careful going forward.

Thank you,
-Jorge

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There has been discussion about the Kooks being mid length vice a true long tube header, maybe that is what they were referring to?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Kooks Headers. As stated some of the installs can be a bit challenging. If you have any questions contact another shop and see what they say!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kooks quality is good. However as some have commented they are not considered a true "long tube" design.

Thread moved

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't fit and rattled like a mother. Customer had to pay to install the new one. Axle backs hit the rear and the ball and socket design sucks. Double nut jammed and it still loosens. Doubt it's the bolts stretching. Usually the ball gets deformed over time.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't fit and rattled like a mother. Customer had to pay to install the new one. Axle backs hit the rear and the ball and socket design sucks. Double nut jammed and it still loosens. Doubt it's the bolts stretching. Usually the ball gets deformed over time.

The only complaint I have with mine ('07 3V 1 5/8") are the ball and socket style connectors. I use jam nuts on the bolts but noticed that its the flange that bends over time loosening the bolts.

We don't run cats around here at these HP levels. It would be nice if Kooks made resonators that could be swapped into the spot for the cats.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Not trying to sway anyone, but I love my ARH. Still a 10-12 hour install job with jack stands and hand tools. I know Kooks have a strong following.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Kooks are expensive but from what I always read they were one of the few types that didn't end up requiring a bunch of pounding to fit without rubbing on things.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I suggest that you consider poly motor mounts with Kooks on the 5.0. Mine are about 1/4" from each of the frame rails.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back