Kooks vs ARH vs JBA headers

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
I am considering headers on my Procharged 2011 GT. I know Kooks are great headers, but I hear they fit very close to the starter. The American Racing headers look like the fit well.
Does anyone have JBA headers installed. If so , how do they fit. ? What I like about them is for the money they are already coated and the mid pipe comes in a 3" version that is not necked down to 2 3/4 ( I have 3 " Hearthrobe pipes)
So I guess I m asking are the JBA headers a good fit and how do they compare to Kooks and ARH for quality, fit, power gains etc.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
My buddy's JBA longtubes are very sexy and install was a breeze for us. Not figment issues. This was on a 2013.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I have Kooks 1 7/8ths and haven't had any problems with the starter yet. They are close the frame rails and if you ever want to lower the engine forget about it. The k-member will have to be dropped for the install. What I like about them is that they usually don't have problems with the widebands going bad due to the angle of the bungs. And from a picture that I've seen of an ARH install their bungs are welded at a good angle also. If the front O2s aren't pointed down to allow moisture to drip off of them that has led to premature failure.

Last edited:

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
How about comparing primary size and price of the three?

JBA: 1-7/8", $800 including off road x-pipe.
KOOKS: 1-7/8", $1010 and $1482 including off road x-pipe.
ARH: 1-7/8", $1485 including off road x-pipe.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Check out Stainless Works, SW, as quite a few members are running those without issues and good gains.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

I have the ARH and they suck to put on. Especially the two rear lower bolts on the drivers side.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score

Im looking at that. The JBA's are substantially cheaper than the others and can be had ceramic coated as well. I did notice from pictures that the JBA's fit close to the frame rails. Im wondering about rattles if they touch. Also one member on another forum said he had to ding one of the primaries to clear the steering knuckle which would be bad news with coating already on.
Its a dilemma for sure.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Stainless Works: 1-7/8", $1000 including off road x-pipe.

mattadams6552

forum member
Reaction score
I know you have to drop the k member (when installing) with the kooks headers, but do you have to drop the k member for any other brands that are listed?

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Im also starting to wonder whether its even worth the hassle and expense to put headers on a supercharged car. Ive been modding for decades and headers were always the first thing you did. But this new Coyote has some pretty decent factory headers, and Im hearing mixed opinions about FI and header gains.
My car sounds good as it is, so that isn't a priority. Im currently running 545 rwhp( on a very hot humid day) I was hoping to get to around 600 by adding headers, high flow cats, smaller pulley to keep the boost up, and a retune.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Headers will show good gains, but not cast manifold to long tube header type gains. The factory shorties are good, but don't beat LTs.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Headers will show good gains, but not cast manifold to long tube header type gains. The factory shorties are good, but don't beat LTs.

Question Ryan. Can a long tube / high flow cat set up on a supercharged car be tuned top pass OBD II emissions testing ?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Question Ryan. Can a long tube / high flow cat set up on a supercharged car be tuned top pass OBD II emissions testing ?

Possibly. I don't know of anyone with a 2011+ GT running LT's with a high flow catted mid-pipe off the top of my head. I would depend on what inspections requirements must be met. I think most tuners can tune LT and catted mid-pipe setups to pass though.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
$1,500 headers...
1365185189_Black-man-smoking-crack.jpg

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
Buy the Kooks and get the Kooks Green Cats and stop worrying. Ive never heard of anyone complaining about starters burning up because of Kooks headers. You start your car a couple times a week, the starter will last for decades, when it quits remove the headers and replace it.

randeez stable

forum member
Reaction score
Buy the Kooks and get the Kooks Green Cats and stop worrying. Ive never heard of anyone complaining about starters burning up because of Kooks headers. You start your car a couple times a week, the starter will last for decades, when it quits remove the headers and replace it.

See the price of those green cats. Headers and cats would be over half way to a Procharger on the 3.7. Maybe Ill just do that. :roflmao:

Guys on other forums are still throwing codes even with the green cats.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back