Last runs before Circle D 5c gets installed...

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Went to Rock Falls Raceway in Wisconsin today. DA was around +1000' (calculated from nearest weather station).

Car is a 2011 GT base Automatic. Mods are Boss IM, Airaid CAI, Pypes offroad x-pipe, and JBA Axleback. Tuning by Mike Rousch @ Mid Atlantic Performance. Stock 3.15s, stock converter, stock manifolds, stock driveshaft. Spare/jack removed but everything else was still intact. 255/50-16 M/T drag radials.

Best run was a 12.06 at 119.51. 1.93 60-foot. Previous best was a 12.26 at 116 with a 1.90 60', with the stock intake manifold, factory cats/h-pipe, the same CAI, and Bama tune, in about 1100' DA so almost identical air. The car ran a bunch of 12.0s-12.teens at 117ish-118ish.

I have a Circle D 5C on its way to my house. Any predictions with this converter and no other changes other than a fresh tune for it?

My 2 best runs of the day together:

1174607_10200925736323196_896166030_n.jpg

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I have a Circle D 5C on its way to my house. Any predictions with this converter and no other changes other than a fresh tune for it?

I just had my Circle D 4500 rpm converter (and 1-pc d/s) installed a week ago and went to the dragstrip last night. Same track, similar density altitude, and my ET's dropped 5 tenths. Sixty foot times improved from an average of 1.95 to 2.05 with the stock converter down to 1.69 to 1.71 with the Circle D.

I suspect you'll drop into the 11.60's, although I don't think your trap speed will change much at all.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
5C converter has been in for a few days. The driveability is fine, especially with a dialed in Mike Rousch tune. You can tell there's a converter in there for sure, but its certainly liveable, especially when you get going over 30-40mph under light throttle and the converter locks, it drives just like stock of course.

Hitting the track on Saturday. I hope it hooks!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I just had my Circle D 4500 rpm converter (and 1-pc d/s) installed a week ago and went to the dragstrip last night. Same track, similar density altitude, and my ET's dropped 5 tenths. Sixty foot times improved from an average of 1.95 to 2.05 with the stock converter down to 1.69 to 1.71 with the Circle D.

I suspect you'll drop into the 11.60's, although I don't think your trap speed will change much at all.

Nice upgrades Brian. I met a guy with your car color a few weeks ago. My goodness does that color look good in person. I love it.

I still have yet to get a Circle D converter. Car is running so good in my bracket I hate to change anything. How are the daily driving characteristics of having it in there?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Nice upgrades Brian. I met a guy with your car color a few weeks ago. My goodness does that color look good in person. I love it.

I still have yet to get a Circle D converter. Car is running so good in my bracket I hate to change anything. How are the daily driving characteristics of having it in there?

So much nicer driving around with a big converter. When just driving easy, you hardly notice it. Give it a little more gas and it revs so freely and accelerates with hardly any throttle. Mash the loud pedal and wow! Car doesn't need to downshift as much since the converter flashes from a roll.

Second best mod for an automatic after forced induction. And, since you already have a supercharger, then you'll love the converter!

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my circle d converter !!!! Best mod yet

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I got a 4C in my 2011 GT/CS with almost exact same mods as yours only I have 3.73's
My car has ran a ton of bottom 12's with 1.9-2.0 60ft also I haven't ran at track yet on my converter but its nasty on the street when you hit it.
I hope to see mid 11's on mine also and low 10's on my 150 shot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back