Lets see your subwoofer setups!!!!

kline

Reaction score
Well the inside of the tail lights look like they won't last long. The trunk rattles alot from the out side but from inside the car I really only heard the dash rattle but that was with two 15s. I took them out because songs with alot of bass would make the traction control turn on and off by itself. Plus it sucked when you could only fit a folder in the trunk.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I just replaced my front two speakers with some pioneers that I scored on ebay for like $22 shipped and it helped; now I need to purchase some rear speakers. Any suggestions?

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Not sure about you but I get a rattle that sounds like it comes from where my mirrors meet the A-pillar, a little rattle in the doors, and some from the map lights ( I am running large LED bulbs in there though...)

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
IMG_9975.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Van, i would just match them to your doors. You get most of your sound from the fronts, the rears just provide that surround sound feel. If you have a serious system(subwoofer) you would harldy hear the rears anyway. I plan on leaving the stockers and replacing the fronts with a quality infinity speaker.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Van, i would just match them to your doors. You get most of your sound from the fronts, the rears just provide that surround sound feel. If you have a serious system(subwoofer) you would harldy hear the rears anyway. I plan on leaving the stockers and replacing the fronts with a quality infinity speaker.
Just changing the fronts have changed it quite a bit as the speakers don't distort like the factory ones did. The install was MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be and actually went as planned as I went with the metra quick connect method so it was just plug and play. I would like to add a small 8" self-powered sub or something to just add a small amount of bass to the system but I will hold off on that until I can find something like what is pictured by Jinx

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
So I could keep my stock HU, I have the mach 1000, and just upgrade the speakers and such with not complications?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuerte try to find out what ohms your shaker 1000 runs at and match your speakers to that. If you don't they won't be as loud or clear.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Just installed mine this weekend. I still need to clean up a little. Pardon the polyfil fuzz.

Boston G2 10"s in a www.zenclosures.com box

2012-01-23142624.jpg

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp
2012-01-23142637.jpg

Capacitor

2012-01-23142647.jpg

Crappy phone pics taken in the rain. Sorry for the quality.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
i am content with my shaker 500. being an last generation i hated those bo bo gaudy walmart stereo looking grilles that came in the car. i eneded up buying universal grilles and just installing them. much cleaner look. anyone have pics of their grille replacements on their shaker door woofers?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back