Lightning dudes who've done their head gaskets

Reaction score
I see this 2000 lightning on craigslist that looks pretty clean for only 4k, but it needs head gaskets. I found an electronic ford manual online and it says, AND I QUOTE:

"Remove the following items:

The engine"

LMFAO! Wow, not much room in there, huh.

Looking though some lightning forums, they say it's pretty bad, but I can't get a good enough description of the nightmare it really is. The lightning forum is kinda slow paced and threads die often without finishing "the story". Kinda makes you appreciate this one. :)

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
Never pictured you as truck kinda guy. Anything ever happen with that Corrado?

Reaction score
Never pictured you as truck kinda guy. Anything ever happen with that Corrado?

No, not really a truck guy, but for that price, fuck. A tow vehicle would be nice. :naughty1:

The corrado sits. I have an interesting idea for it. SGdave is toying with the idea of doing LeMons next year at autobahn. (24 hour lemon race) I may drive it this winter, but the car is setup as much or even more in some areas for racing than the mustang so it wouldn't be all that better than just driving the mustang. The only advantage is that it just isn't putting the mustang through another winter. I think either finding something completely lame and tame or just sweating it out are the plans.

goto
lightningrodder.com or
nloc.com

for all your lightning need or call JDM..

That's the forum I was looking at. The best one I seen so far, but I didn't go digging terribly deep for another. The How-to's just point to a ford manual when you look for engine disassembly, but it's more complete engine disassembly assuming you've already yanked it out. I was looking for the in vehicle cylinder head removal page. I found a link to an online library on lightningrodder.com that had the full manual and that's where I read step 2 or three is to pull the entire bastard out. I looked for posts of people who did it in the car, but as we all have experienced, the search tool is "iffy" and I couldn't find anyone who put it out there in detail.

Thanks though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back