Line Locks are finally on

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jegs solenoids, and PMP install kit and it went in with no problems. In fact, the second solenoid went in probably 4 times faster than the first since we knew what we had to do for that one... it was funny, I got everything hooked up and was like 'wow that was fast...'

The wiring took a while as I figured it would. We put in a single pole dual throw switch inside the console to switch between the line locks and the cruise control. We also wired in a relay and a fuse. Everything works perfect, I did a small 10 second burnout when it was all wrapped up and it was easy as pie. Tons of smoke everywhere!!!!

thanks for all the advice Kevin and Josh, and thanks cekim for all the tutorials you posted in the other thread, it helped a bunch!!!!!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You did the cruise control switch? Kewl!!

One of these days I have GOT to get off my lazy ass and do this mod. Then a couple of weeks later you will probably hear me bitching about having to replace a cluch ...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
wasent there a link for a detailed pmp line lock install? I have all the parts.. but no know how

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Line locks

Hey Andy welcome to the 21st century,now go poke some holes in the ozone layer in Bradenton.Its 30 degrees here tonight,you lucky *&^%#*.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the advice Kevin and Josh, and thanks cekim for all the tutorials you posted in the other thread, it helped a bunch!!!!!
Glad you got it all setup... I love my Cruise-Control line-locks - wouldn't put them anywhere else...

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RIght now the only problem I am having is on the drivers side, the tire touches the in hose when i make a full on right turn. I'm working on fixing it though :)

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RIght now the only problem I am having is on the drivers side, the tire touches the in hose when i make a full on right turn. I'm working on fixing it though :)
Skinnies! :samuri:

spyder7724

Reaction score
Skinnies! :samuri:
yep that will fix it.
i used the horn button for my line loc.
oh and a line loc is a solenoid(s) that holds brake pressure to the front wheels so you can do a burnout and heat the tires up when drag racing.
we use switches alreay in the car so we didn't have to run a bunch of wires and drill holes for an additional switch plus it's stealthy.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

Another question - what is a Solenoid?

And which are the suggested buttons which you can use for setting it up. I think I have seen Cruise control, Horn Button etc. Does that mean you lose those functions?

Please bear in mind that I am like a sponge and you guys are the greatest wealth of knowledge I could ever tap into!

Thanks a Mill

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another question - what is a Solenoid?
This is a solenoid <-- click the link

Quicksilver said:
And which are the suggested buttons which you can use for setting it up. I think I have seen Cruise control, Horn Button etc. Does that mean you lose those functions?

No, you don't loose the functionality of those switches. Thus the point of using them.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
didnt someone to a step by step walk through for the pmp install? I didnt get any directons and as many of you know.. I need ALLOT of dierections =-/

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
didnt someone to a step by step walk through for the pmp install? I didnt get any directons and as many of you know.. I need ALLOT of dierections =-/

No, you need spell check

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did a couple burnouts so big at the track thursday night it blew forward and tripped the stage lights and made them flicker and stay on and flicker more when i was a good 5ft away lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back