Livernois Motorsports Engine Break In

danbogart

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where else to post this so.......

After seeing Mark's (Chevykiller) break in process (thanks for that Mark!!!) I figured I should get some info on my NA 298 stroker setup since it should be finished tomorrow. I know the Livernois guys post here occasionally and hopefully could provide some answers for myself and other forum members.

My situation:

Was blown, put a hole in block (doh), picked up a new Livernois 298 stroker.

Now I have spoken with livernois about tuning and they recommeded getting a base tune for the break in process. I have a tune from my tuner and it should be ready to fire up tomorrow. And I'm staying NA for now.

Now as for the break in, what does livernois recommend? Oil, rpm range, mileage, oil changes, head re-torquing, etc?

For instance, will my car be ok to drive my 30 mile commute?

Those that have already been through this, please feel free to chime in as well.

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
oil

Livernois recommended to me Joe Gibbs breakin oil, and that is what I used. I think any high zinc oil will do?

Last edited:

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I have their stroker put in I'm having them do it. I figure after a spin on the dyno they will tell me what to do..

danbogart

Reaction score
When I have their stroker put in I'm having them do it. I figure after a spin on the dyno they will tell me what to do..

Ideally dyno break in is the way to go. I just dont have that option.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where else to post this so.......

After seeing Mark's (Chevykiller) break in process (thanks for that Mark!!!) I figured I should get some info on my NA 298 stroker setup since it should be finished tomorrow. I know the Livernois guys post here occasionally and hopefully could provide some answers for myself and other forum members.

My situation:

Was blown, put a hole in block (doh), picked up a new Livernois 298 stroker.

Now I have spoken with livernois about tuning and they recommeded getting a base tune for the break in process. I have a tune from my tuner and it should be ready to fire up tomorrow. And I'm staying NA for now.

Now as for the break in, what does livernois recommend? Oil, rpm range, mileage, oil changes, head re-torquing, etc?

For instance, will my car be ok to drive my 30 mile commute?

Those that have already been through this, please feel free to chime in as well.

Fill the engine with 5w-30 conventional (non-synthetic) engine oil to the appropriate level on the dipstick. (If you plan on running synthetic oils, we recommend that a new engine is first broken in with conventional engine oil). We recommend Joe Gibbs Break-In oil for this process.

PM
sent with detailed instructions.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rick, still waiting on Andy? to call me regarding the engine freshup

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Livernois recommended to me Joe Gibbs breakin oil, and that is what I used.

Same here used it for a bit then swapped to conventional 10-30 been running like a champ since ....still even managed to pull 358 on the dyno on just motor with low compression (9:1) last weekend .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back