LOL SVT

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So if he gets a piece of grit in his forever pad, he can scratch as many cars as he wants to! Efficient!

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
Well the Junkman does know what he is talking about. He doesn't say he can do a fleet of cars without cleaning the pad. He is saying a pad can last a long time and if your pad falls apart after doing half a car your technique is wrong. Which I agree with

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Well the Junkman does know what he is talking about. He doesn't say he can do a fleet of cars without cleaning the pad. He is saying a pad can last a long time and if your pad falls apart after doing half a car your technique is wrong. Which I agree with

No he did say that, when some one else commented about changing pads during the process...

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
He seems to be puffing himself up a bit to the point where I don't care if he know what he's doing or not - I'm not digging the "I know it all" attitude....but what ever.

He "may" be able to do what he claims....but I think the issue is trying to talk someone with zero skill set into doing something someone with advanced skills "may" be doing?

I can watch videos all day long for some stuff, but that doesn't mean I'm going to try it out and think it's going to work like a champ cause they say so.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I'm done with it, just irks me to see that kind of info for a new comer. I was fortunate to make my mistakes on a beater car. In 2001 Autopia was the go to forum, and Mike Phillips was King...

28ONE

Reaction score
I'm done with it, just irks me to see that kind of info for a new comer. I was fortunate to make my mistakes on a beater car. In 2001 Autopia was the go to forum, and Mike Phillips was King...

I hear ya, it really is too bad but what can you do...

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
That's the dude with the black or dark blue corvette .... His car is fucking money paint wise. Look him up. He really uses almost no product when he does his thing.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's the dude with the black or dark blue corvette .... His car is fucking money paint wise. Look him up. He really uses almost no product when he does his thing.

He probably is very good at paint work, but don't be a new member and say, go pay and watch my video. That really is being a vendor and not a member.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah .... The .02 is really going to break the bank. How can he be a vendor if he isn't selling anything though?

Can you really learn how to buff a car or correct paint or know when the job is done just by me writing it down or is it easier to sit there and watch? When he says that no one would read his notes if he wrote everything down I believe him. I doubt anyone really reads updates to my build threads because they are so long. Now can you imagine having to describe the detailing process in a step by step?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah .... The .02 is really going to break the bank. How can he be a vendor if he isn't selling anything though?

Can you really learn how to buff a car or correct paint or know when the job is done just by me writing it down or is it easier to sit there and watch? When he says that no one would read his notes if he wrote everything down I believe him. I doubt anyone really reads updates to my build threads because they are so long. Now can you imagine having to describe the detailing process in a step by step?

You don't have to post a life story and throw the vet card on a post with a noob asking for some pointers.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I learned a lot from autopia in 2001/2002 just reading what Mike Phillips wrote and the pics. youtube wasn't really big then.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back