Looking to Do first real detail - purchase opinions

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do a full detail on an Alloy metallic 07 with above average paint. Daily drive garage kept both day and night minimal use in the elements some minor swirls and other marks. Going to be grabbing the HF DA polisher as its around the corner. Looking to buy lake country pads not sure between ccs or or the hydros in 5.5 inch and am looking at the following steps.
good wash then clay then wash again
megs 105
megs 205
PBW black hole glaze
Klasse AIO
then Nattys blue.
please critique this before I start purchasing as I don't want to buy things that won't work together or if there is something better I should look for.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I just started buying supplies as well. Went with the M105/M205 and Lake Country Hydro pads as well. Based on recommendations, I went with the Chemical guys forum favorite pack. Comes with everything you can use after you hit the 105/205. I also picked up some Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner and some Snappy Pad cleaning powder to take care of the pads when I'm done.

Oh, don't forget to clay bar first.

Kit includes:
16 oz. Chemical Guys Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish
8 oz. Chemical Guys Petes 53-Pearl Signature Paste Wax
16 oz. Chemical Guys V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer
2 Supreme 530 Microfiber Towels, 16 x 16 inches
3 Poly Foam Wax Applicators

http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-forum-favorite-kit.html

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I have been researching this on and off for like 2 years and am always afraid to bite the bullet. This year I'm just going to do it and get it off my to do list.

Seer you have recommended the members only club on that one site quite a few times and I know I am asking but without being able to see what they offer will I be able to get the items on your list at a decent savings since I am buying pretty much everything I need?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I have been researching this on and off for like 2 years and am always afraid to bite the bullet. This year I'm just going to do it and get it off my to do list.

Seer you have recommended the members only club on that one site quite a few times and I know I am asking but without being able to see what they offer will I be able to get the items on your list at a decent savings since I am buying pretty much everything I need?

pretty large savings. Plus if you use your detailer's club membership on autoality, its 10% off, plus you can combine it with other coupon codes like scsmember, for another 10% off.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I became a member of Detailers Club during the Black Friday Special. The savings are huge, I would guess over 20% of the normal retail price. You will recoup the $50 on any purchase over $125, that is how good the deal is. I have spent over $600 the past 6 months, and saved over $100... Do it...

28ONE

Reaction score
+1 Detailer's Club...savings from my 1st order paid for membership :clap:

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I need to join the detailers club soon... Especially with the amount of products I buy

I put it off, and put it off....it was stupid on my part. If you order a lot of products don't wait.

And FYI, they have great customer service, from my experience.

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
I put it off, and put it off....it was stupid on my part. If you order a lot of products don't wait.

And FYI, they have great customer service, from my experience.

yes they do, best thing I ever did regarding detailing products, I used to have to shop around sooo much but now i just order from Detailers Club

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man so after joining yesterday I can feel my bank account dwindling lol! Let me tell you it is so, so worth it and definitely a big BIG thank you to Seer(Jason) I believe right? thanks for all your help the past two weeks it's very much appreciated. I definitely cannot speak enough about the customer service from T. talk about above and beyond.

I put the order in and got everything squared away and decide I'm not done yet so I will be placing another order in the next day or so. I ordered everything on Seer's list and some other goodies but the prices are good enough I am just going to order some more lol. I was definitely hesitant but it is pretty much impossible to regret I saved way more than the cost of the membership on just 3 items. Once everything is in I will start the process and take a ton of pics since I bought that new big boy camera for my wedding in January and haven't used it since. :wasted:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back