Loud thud from the trunk?

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
I was in my garage tonight and hear a loud thud a few time after getting out of my car, it shook the ceiling andI thought that something had fallen in the attic, after about 20 minutes of searching and running back and forth I finally figured out it was coming from my car.

It happens with the car both on and off. I went in the trunk and took a video you can hear it at about 11 seconds, is that a bad sub? I tried the radio and turned the bass up and it seemed to work fine.

Any opinions would be awesome. I can't tell if it is doing it while I drive since the exhaust pretty much drowns out all other sounds/vibrations...so far as I can tell its only when the car is sitting still. The car just hit 50k and this is the first I've heard anything like it

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k153/dadude420/?action=view&current=6d7f25f9.mp4

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Maybe a trunk monkey?

Cams sound awsome by the way !

Last edited:

Bryan

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to say hooker, but not a dead hooker cause she doesnt move.

Wonder if the headunit is sending voltage to your amp. Can you swap out the head unit. Doubt its anything other than that.

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to say hooker, but not a dead hooker cause she doesnt move.

Wonder if the headunit is sending voltage to your amp. Can you swap out the head unit. Doubt its anything other than that.

That could be it, i did notice that occasionally if i hit the unlock button on the remote it would thump at the same time

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
LOL, some how I clicked on a cam video!

My vote is going to be the subs.

oh! haha in that case, the sound was the lion under the hood ;) thanks!

I don't have another headunit to use, I'll look at the fuse box and see if theres one that just cuts the power to the stereo

C

chopper_man

Unplug the subs and see if it continues. I had an issue similar to that a couple years back. Dealer changed the head unit as well as some type of relay.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Definitely trunk monkey.

Trunk_Monkey.jpg

slowstang06

forum member
Reaction score
Not a monkey after all. I had hoped the sound would stop at night but i guess it didn't, went to start the car in the morning and the battery was dead, got it jumped and then I pulled the #6,#9 and then the #20 fuses and I havent had a problem (or my bass) since. Don't really want to take it to the dealer to fix since i'm out of my warranty and would rather pick up a better system then pay to fix the shaker 1000.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back