Lowered On 20's? Post Your Pics!

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Five-Oh! I thought about seeing what they look like on my Boss, too...ha!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
775d655ba8aac7afc79f86dae57c9b72.jpg

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Nice wheels Irishpwr, in fact nice car! I would done similar setup if those parts were available.

What wheels are they?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the axle really pulling forward into the rear wheel well in those photos? Doesn't look centered fore and aft anymore. Maybe it's just the shadows playing tricks on me though.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the axle really pulling forward into the rear wheel well in those photos? Doesn't look centered fore and aft anymore. Maybe it's just the shadows playing tricks on me though.

That is how it is on the '10-'14 body, it's got a different shape to the rear fenders compared to the '05-'09 body. It just isn't really noticeable until it's lowered...it's no that the axle is further forward, the opening is just larger behind the tire.

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Going that low, wouldn't the LCA go past level and start pulling forward again? I know that's how it is in the MKIV vw world. Granted, this is a whole different game, but simple mechanics still apply.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, when you drop an S197 on its balls (Air Lift) the LCAs are at a crazy angle (if you're not running relo brackets) so they pull the axle forward. If you adjusted the arms to center the rear when the car is aired out, it would be too far back at normal driving height. Moral of the story: the rear end travels in an arc. Changing any part of that arc affects something else.

(and yes, even at stock height, there's more gap behind the tire)

Last edited:

JTB

TheMustangShow
Reaction score
Wow, that is nice! How do you like the carbon front splitter? Who makes that one?

Thanks Man.

The splitter is the SuperSnake one from Shelby. Got it years ago, before the price went full retard. It has held up well, good product!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back