Lowered On 20's? Post Your Pics!

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Is there a center lug style solid rear axle that will even work? Or a conversion?

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone in here think it would be weird to put 275/35s all around on my 20x9/10 Wheels Would the buldge look weird?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I guess it would be fine, but wondering why you would. Are you planning on rotating them or something or just looking for a cheaper replacement for the rears?

For a short time I ran 275's all around on my SN95 with a 17x9" front and 17x10.5" rear.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
I guess it would be fine, but wondering why you would. Are you planning on rotating them or something or just looking for a cheaper replacement for the rears?

For a short time I ran 275's all around on my SN95 with a 17x9" front and 17x10.5" rear.

No, its really because I'm trying to prep the car for autocross and road course runs this coming summer. I sold my Forgestars to buy a square wheel setup, then quickly got suckered into a hella good black friday deal on some wheels from Howey Industries that are staggered. But I'm wondering how crazy it would be to just run a square tire setup.

Edit: I mean that doesn't look horrible. But its definitely noticeable. What wast he sidewall on those?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
damn that car is hawt.

I'd really like a pre-99 SN95 one day. Nothing too radical, I just love how they look.

Thanks, I added a few more parts before I was done including finally stepping up to 315's in the rear. Car looked great, but in the end it was 19 years old and it was starting to show it's age. The thing needed a full teardown and re-tightening and replacing of a lot of factory parts. Even then there was a lot it needed before it would have made me happy.

Hard to beat that sound of a cammed 302 with long tubes though.

http://youtu.be/KFKESVgMF0k

No, its really because I'm trying to prep the car for autocross and road course runs this coming summer. I sold my Forgestars to buy a square wheel setup, then quickly got suckered into a hella good black friday deal on some wheels from Howey Industries that are staggered. But I'm wondering how crazy it would be to just run a square tire setup.

Edit: I mean that doesn't look horrible. But its definitely noticeable. What wast he sidewall on those?

Yea it was absolutely noticeable. I'm planning on a square setup for my current car too. Those were 275/40-17's.

Last edited:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
damn that car is hawt.

I'd really like a pre-99 SN95 one day. Nothing too radical, I just love how they look.

Agreed. Of course I'm partial to the Saleen versions.

3975431793_3acc392910.jpg

Last edited:

TopoGuy

The Gunny
Reaction score
Anyone in here think it would be weird to put 275/35s all around on my 20x9/10 Wheels Would the buldge look weird?
The rears will look like that tuner hella flush garbage. When I bought mine, there were 275 on the back and you could see the lip of the rim from the back of the car...horrible. I'm running 315s now...nice bulge.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Forgeline makes amazing quality wheels. They are manufactored 10 minutes from my home here in Dayton, OH

Nice. I used to work for The Wheel Source in Moraine. It was run by Dave Schardt from Forgeline. Actually, it was right next door to Forgeline. I'm told Dave's dad owns or owned Dayton Wire Wheels too. Small world huh? I grew up in Huber Heights.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
The rears will look like that tuner hella flush garbage. When I bought mine, there were 275 on the back and you could see the lip of the rim from the back of the car...horrible. I'm running 315s now...nice bulge.

I know Sharad was running 275s on a 10" wheel. With the lipless/seamless style wheels like AMRs it doesn't look too tuner.

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I know Sharad was running 275s on a 10" wheel. With the lipless/seamless style wheels like AMRs it doesn't look too tuner.

It's not bad... this is 275/35 on a 10" front. EDIT: Sidewall makes a difference as well.

attachment.php

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
damn that car is hawt.

A 98 Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra is the drool!

How serious are you about the racing meaning is it worth every bit for the square tire versus being slightly staggered. I'd also wonder even though tire width is the same, with different wheel widths would it change contact patch enough to not act square

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
A 98 Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra is the drool!

How serious are you about the racing meaning is it worth every bit for the square tire versus being slightly staggered. I'd also wonder even though tire width is the same, with different wheel widths would it change contact patch enough to not act square

Probably a good point, I'm probably just going to stick a staggered set of tires on here and then go with my original plan. Save for some 07-09 GT500 wheels in 18x9.5 and put some RS3s or R888s on them for track only.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
If you're still looking when I get my 20's, my wheels would be perfect for you. The previous owner snagged a small curb spot or two so they're great track day wheels as I won't be able to ask a premium for them by any means.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back