Lowering springs/drag springs

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions on after market springs. I’ve got an 2009 mustang GT and if you ever looked at one they clearly have some big gaps. So been looking and lots of good reviews but like to hear people’s opinions that have them. I’ve checked out the cobra jet and plenty of bmr all sound good but most sale pitches do.

my car is mainly being built for drag/street racing, some mid range speed here and there but mainly street racing if that helps on opinions.

thanks

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have CobraJet springs in the rear and BMR GT500 lowering drag springs up front. I believe there are 3 different CJ springs and mine are the low ones which is why I took them off the front. I believe they are the RA springs if I remember correctly.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One thing about the S197 is that you can get decent handling and have a spring that hooks at the track.
I have steeda sports and I like them.

Doug Huggard

Reaction score
BMR drag springs on my car. Combined with viking shocks rear and strange struts up front it's a great setup! Set it a bit softer for street driving and then crank in the compression/rebound at the drag strip. Car runs great '60 (low 1.4's) and is still comfortable on the street. About 1.5" lower all the way around.

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
Thanks for the examples. Gt500 strut mounts too right? Or not needed? I have an bmr adjustable pan hard bar waiting for the springs.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the examples. Gt500 strut mounts too right? Or not needed? I have an bmr adjustable pan hard bar waiting for the springs.

I think the GT500 mounts are typically suggested similar to how the lower control arms are, while not strictly necessary they’re a better piece. I could be wrong but that was my understanding. I used some cheapo strut mounts in my car when I did the springs and they’ve held up great, though I don’t do a LOT of driving.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back