Mad Max in Ky

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Heres a video of the guys car. For the FaceBookers (and Mad Max fans anyway) you can join the "Mad Max Replica Cars" group, of which this guy is a member of.

Told ya it was a Capri:

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
100%?
Pics or you're a liar.

Here you go...

One day I'm gonna get the chance to do some of those HDR pics...they're just the meanest looking !!

2008_07150032.jpg

2008_07150048.jpg

2008_07150053.jpg

dascoyne

Enormous Member
Reaction score
very nice.
What's the story behind that build? ... and which forum did you grab that post from?

MUSTANG GUY

forum member
Reaction score
very nice.
What's the story behind that build? ... and which forum did you grab that post from?

Heres a quote I found off the owner, hope that helps.
And here is his profile link. He's a great guy and I'm sure wouldn't mind answering some questions you might have.

http://gtamc.com/member.php?1830-Mad-Max

To me, that question is the ultimate compliment...thank you! The car is a replica build around the Aussie Falcon XB (XA XC and XC models all have same body). Out of the dozen replicas in north america, I'm the only one that's gone so far as to replicate the flaws that the movie car had and I was fortunate enough to hang out for a couple of days with Murray Smith who built the car for the movie and confirm some details.....but that's a whole new thread.

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Heres a video of the guys car. For the FaceBookers (and Mad Max fans anyway) you can join the "Mad Max Replica Cars" group, of which this guy is a member of.

Told ya it was a Capri:

TALK ABOUT BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Dang Falcon you've been holding on to some pinned up anger over that Mad Max wanna be haven't you HAHAHAHA

:beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice.

Randy, the very first "BoB Replica" made in Australia, by Gordon Hayes, was sold to Bob Hartwig who lives somewhere near me. My brother saw it once on the freeway and another time at a cruise in. I have never seen it. Im not sure if the guy still has it, if he died, moved away or what.

There is another guy here in town that has a replica. I dont know his name or car details. Ive seen him twice at the biannual "Cruise On Central" here. Ive got video. He never parks and displays static and Ive never seen him elsewhere. Apparently he knew/knows Bob Hartwig. Way back in 01/02 I came across a "Mad Max Replica Registry" page. At the time there were 47 replicas scattered around the globe. Theres no doubt more since and probably at least 50 just here in the continental US now.

TALK ABOUT BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Dang Falcon you've been holding on to some pinned up anger over that Mad Max wanna be haven't you HAHAHAHA

:beer:

Lol, no it just popped up in the Mad Max FB group.

Regarding the replica posted and its owners comments, as I mention above, theres WAY more than just a dozen replicas even JUST in the US. Anyway, the Gordon Hayes replica had the roof spoiler actually recreated BY Errol Platt, the original "customizer" for the first movie car. Thats the "claim to fame" of the Hayes/Hartwig replica. That being said, Gordon (along with Grant Hodgson who had a Yellow XB Interceptor) runs a company for several years now that recreates parts or can sell turn key conversions. He says the shit he turns out now is better and more accurate than his original replica.

Heres all the info on Gordons replica:

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max...eptors/gordon-hayes-xb-interceptor/index.html

Last edited:

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I just saw this thread and seen the original pics and said oh that's a Capri. I had a blue one in high school. Man I would like to have that one back.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
NO ONE CRUCIFI ME FOR THIS!!!!:D but I was a little to young to be a huge fan of the movie, and normally don't like the "mad max", "road warrior" themed vehicles (more of a bullitt/gone in 60 seconds kinda guy). But the more I look at this car the more I like it!

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NO ONE CRUCIFI ME FOR THIS!!!!:D but I was a little to young to be a huge fan of the movie, and normally don't like the "mad max", "road warrior" themed vehicles (more of a bullitt/gone in 60 seconds kinda guy). But the more I look at this car the more I like it!

Well you HAVE seen the movies, right?

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
I love the mad max car. Quite honestly a reason I picked the techco blower because it was a twin screw that also whistled at idle and reminded me of the blower on that car (in sound only of course)

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Craig, was the owner actually claiming that was an original? Because according to all the various fans, "experts", etc, any of the yellow patrol cars are lost. Besides as you know, only the Max yellow wasnt wrecked. No one knows what happened to them. Grant Hodgson, who is in business with Gordon Hayes selling repro parts or turn key cars, as mentioned before, was SUPPOSED to have owned the original "Max" yellow but eventually it was determined that it was indeed NOT an original film car. Somewhere along the line he sold it. I think its here in the states now, in NY.

Last edited:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Craig, was the onwer actually cliaming that was an original? Because according to all the various fans, "experts", etc, any of the yellow patrol cars are lost. Besides as you know, only max yellow wasnt wrecked. No one knows what happened to them. Grant Hodgson, who is in business with Gordon Hayes selling repro parts or turn key cars, as mentioned before, was SUPPOSED to have owned the original "Max" yellow but eventually it was determined that it was indeed NOT an original film car. Somewhere along the line he sold it. I think its here in the states now, in NY.

That's what the gumpf in the windscreen said, but who knows for sure :shirlock:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back