MaxJax 2-Post Lift Install and S197 Lifting

Fishstyx

forum member
Reaction score

Masmd

Reaction score
Great looking install. Finished the Ford Racing springs on stands today!! All you need is a cot and a fridge and you could live in the garage now.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I your car lowered? I know at my local shop they need to roll my car up on wood blocks to get the arms under my car.

Fishstyx

forum member
Reaction score
I your car lowered? I know at my local shop they need to roll my car up on wood blocks to get the arms under my car.

Yes, the car is lowered. In fact, it's a bit too low. I'm grinding a hole in my right side exhaust collector on the track and the front plastic air dam is worn down.

I don't need blocks to get the lift arms under. I have just enough room to get the lift arms under without the fat rubber pads. This was another advantage of going with the pinch weld adaptors.

I think I'll shoot a short video of what it takes to setup the lift and get the car on it.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had given up on finding a lift for my garage. Thank you very much for sharing this!

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sweet.
How hard is it to get the car in there on that angle?

he probably has just one large garage door so it might not be too hard. i can get my car on that angle, but not with the posts there. i have two separate doors and my garage is only 20x20

fahrenheit

Reaction score
Does that pump run off 110v or 220v? I am planning to put a lift in my barn, I was going to go with a bigger one, but the one you have may just work out.

Fishstyx

forum member
Reaction score
How hard is it to get the car in there on that angle?
It's kind of a sonofabitch. I don't have a wide garage door, two single car doors. I use a ground guide (wife) to help back it in without hitting anything. I can back it in a single action, it's just really close.
15.jpg

Fishstyx

forum member
Reaction score
Does that pump run off 110v or 220v? I am planning to put a lift in my barn, I was going to go with a bigger one, but the one you have may just work out.
Simple 110 but can draw up to 20 amps so if you are getting close to max load (6000 lbs) I suppose you risk popping a 15 amp breaker. I'm just plugging it into an outlet in the garage. All my garage outlets are on the same 20 amp breaker.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing !
I just moved another $100 into savings to start my lift Fund :)

I'm hoping to buy it around April for My bday !!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back