Mcleod RST impression

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
Well I swapped my car to a manual and I decided on the mcleod rst twin disk clutch. I must say that after I went over the 500 mile break in, I got a chance to really get into the car this past weekend. This clutch is everything that everyone said it was. Light pedal effort, smooth engagement, and grabs like a clutch that can handle 900 hp all rolled up into one. I just gotta say I love this clutch!!!!!

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
subscribing....

let me know how it holds up after a couple track runs.

powershifting???

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just had an RXT put in and its phenomenol so far. Still in break in period but it drives like stock

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Cool, I am installing mine this saturday at work. I have yet to see an unsatisfied customer of this clutch.

Should be interesting watching me run around the shop trying to fix customers cars and do my clutch install during a short work day. I up for the challenge though!

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
I think Tom had one in his 6060

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think Tom had one in his 6060

yo, Tom, how was the clutch w/ the TR6060?
Not anymore, he sold it to me. The 6060/XRT combo is great. I agree with all of the OP's impressions. I haven't powershifted it yet, but otherwise it's everything it's cracked up to be. I was surprised how light the pedal effort is, and the throw is shorter than stock.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
best clutch on the market for the street hands down, I can't say enough good things about mine

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
what flywheel are you guys using? its come time to replace my clutch and i've heard alot of good things about this clutch being worth the extra money. will a stock resurface flywheel work?

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Just installed mine today. Feels GREAT! Lighter than stock and perfect drive ability. Going to be easy on it for 500 miles or so for break in.

I used a mid 01-04 Mustang GT Fidanza 6 bolt steel flywheel as it has more surface area for this particular clutch (and some others) than an 05+ flywheel. The 05+ flywheels have a larger hub opening in the flywheel than the previous generation for the larger stock clutch. When using the McLeod and most other after market clutches, that larger opening actually causes about 25+% of the clutch to not even touch the flywheel. The 01-04 GT flywheel allows for full contact and is a direct bolt in.

Thanks Jared@Lethal!

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I used the same flywheel. As a matter of fact, Jared sold it to me..:highfive:
Just installed mine today. Feels GREAT! Lighter than stock and perfect drive ability. Going to be easy on it for 500 miles or so for break in.

I used a mid 01-04 Mustang GT Fidanza 6 bolt steel flywheel as it has more surface area for this particular clutch (and some others) than an 05+ flywheel. The 05+ flywheels have a larger hub opening in the flywheel than the previous generation for the larger stock clutch. When using the McLeod and most other after market clutches, that larger opening actually causes about 25+% of the clutch to not even touch the flywheel. The 01-04 GT flywheel allows for full contact and is a direct bolt in.

Thanks Jared@Lethal!

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what flywheel are you guys using? its come time to replace my clutch and i've heard alot of good things about this clutch being worth the extra money. will a stock resurface flywheel work?

spec 8 bolt

Jeffs FRC

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks Jared@Lethal!
Good info. You said you are using a Fidanza, but is the OEM 01-04 flywheel also larger, and will it bolt right up on an S197?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back