Mcleod RST impression

benjytps

forum member
Reaction score
The guys at McLeod are top notch and built 2 awesome clutches for these cars. The RST is the best street clutch for the s197 cars, a little more pricey but well worth every penny. A little caution for the RST at the track is to take a good cool down break between passes and it will be fine. As far as power shifting with it , you will sometimes get a chirp but it shitfs great at any RPM.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Good info. You said you are using a Fidanza, but is the OEM 01-04 flywheel also larger, and will it bolt right up on an S197?

I do not know for a fact, but I am pretty sure the OEM 01-04 has more surface area as well and is a direct bolt in. Because the 01-04 use a smaller clutch than the 05+ therefor the hub opening in the flywheel has to be smaller.

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
If your using a different clutch than flywheel brand ( i.e. spec clutch on fidanza flywheel ) order a 01-04 Flywheel.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
The guys at McLeod are top notch and built 2 awesome clutches for these cars. The RST is the best street clutch for the s197 cars, a little more pricey but well worth every penny. A little caution for the RST at the track is to take a good cool down break between passes and it will be fine. As far as power shifting with it , you will sometimes get a chirp but it shitfs great at any RPM.

Good info. I couldn't tell if my belt was slipping on the shifts or what.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also getting a slight chirp out of mine when i powershift. Nothing too crazy so im not worried about it (sounds like one of the discs slipping on the floater plate for a split sec causing a quick little chirp)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back