Meet Ladybug*

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
It is obvious you put a lot of work into the car, shows great.
You just get a little 'flack' in here because of the overriding interest
in Go-Fast gear.

DareDevil

forum member
Reaction score
BUT you would atleast expect a big outcome from a v8 but when a sixxer steps up to the plate only numbers will show how great that vehicle can perform no matter the size or looks. We'll see how it is when im boosting, it be nice if i can have the support of my fellow "mustang enthusiasts" instead of trying to seem like im the bad guy :wtf1: JUST SAYING!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No one thinks you're a bad guy.... Just misguided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(car)

A sleeper (US English) or Q-car (British English) is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior.[1][2] Sleeper cars are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class car. In some cases the car appears worse due to seeming neglect on the owner's part, typically referred to as "all go and no show". While appearing to be a standard or neglected car, internally they are modified to perform at higher performance levels

Last edited:

DareDevil

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sleeper

The exact opposite of a ricer. A Sleeper looks stock but is heavily modified to preform better. Sleepers are often, like ricers, economy cars. Unlike ricers, sleepers can also be regualr sedans or any other vehicle that was not meant to be a preformance vehicle. Sleeper cars are USUALLY modified with boost (super or turbochargers), transmisions, and SOMETIMES full engine swaps. Many people who drive sleepers use them to hustle at the strip or avoid attention from the cops. Many auto makers offer factory sleepers that are a sport version of the origional economy sedan with very few external changes. Some of the best sleepers of all time came from the muscle car era.

I guess EVERYONE is different and has their own ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
BUT you would atleast expect a big outcome from a v8 but when a sixxer steps up to the plate only numbers will show how great that vehicle can perform no matter the size or looks. We'll see how it is when im boosting, it be nice if i can have the support of my fellow "mustang enthusiasts" instead of trying to seem like im the bad guy :wtf1: JUST SAYING!

different strokes for different folks my man. not everyone is going to like it, they'll respect the fact that you've put your hard earned money into it to make it something you like, but that's the thing it's something YOU like. me myself wouldn't have done half the things you've done. just take it like a man suck it up and keep doin what pleases you. you're car is far from a sleeper though maybe if you left it stock on the outside it would be but your car is very flashy, and honestly dude take the gt emblem off, you're claiming to be something the car isn't with that on there.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
336-what-has-been-seen-cannot-be-unseen.jpg

:bigwelcome:

Haha, I like this one:

funny_cat.jpg

2000_joaquin_phoenix_gladiator.jpg

family_feud_three_strikes.jpg

1_62_scooby_doo.jpg

But there is hope. All transgressions will be forgiven if you post a picture of Olivia Wilde next to your car:

olivia-wilde-hot8.jpg

Ok, now that I have got that out of my system---I like your plans for a F/I in the future. We have a couple members on here that had V6s that used Powerhouse turbos that were in the 10s. There is definitely potential in the V6 if that is the direction you really want to go.

As far as the car, I am just giving you a hard time. If it were me I would get rid of the transformers stuff and the sleeper reference (seeing how you already have it on personalized license plate) I do like the red with black alot, and I do like the muscle car them with the c-stripe and the shaker hood scoop. I like the blacked out rear spoiler and chin spoiler---kind of a Boss 302 look to it. I would remove anything that detracts from the muscle car theme--- but that is just me, and its not my car.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So even the description you post is a complete opposite of your ride.

Bottom line, if you like it, that's what matters. The rest of us don't matter.

:beer:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Took me a few minutes to find the pictures but I wanted to post up my buddy Gary's sleeper. He calls it a Rat Rod.

1972GMC111.jpg

1972GMC112.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I took the "Sleeper" on the hood as a tongue in cheek kinda thing. I never thought the op seriously though of his car as a sleeper.

Put regular hinges on that bitch, selectively remove some stickers, and you're good to go!

Sent from my iPad2.

Synister500

Reaction score
To each his own, and all that matters is the fact that you like it. But on S197forums you are in the belly of the beast, if you are going to post pics of it we will give our opinion. If you get butt hurt over it this is not the place for you. Oh, and please don't refer to your car as a lady bug ..... it has wings yes, but not polka dots ugh .........

On that note, I am going to steal this one from stkjock!

2dr5rhtnx4.jpg

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:lol:

I was being kind and not posting that one as he seemed to be beaten up enough and took it well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back