MindIfISmoke's? Built Part 3.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
The saga continues.
Well it made 625whp @ 15 or so psi last go around on the 67mm. That lasted about 24 hours. The day after I got it tuned i broke a ring land. Found out that the rings were filed at fifteen thousands instead of twenty five thousands. Totally demolished number three piston. Thought I was done and i was going to return it to stock and sell it. My wife wouldn't let me. Marc S and TMS immediately lent a hand. Marc made me swallow my pride and started a donation thread for me. I couldn't believe how willing people were to help. I was able to collect enough funds to pay for the pistons and probably most of the machine work. JOEDLS sent me a brand new set of rings and really helped me recover some of the cost as well as many others. This was my third back to back engine failure that was not my fault or my tuners at TMS. I really don't know how to thank you guys enough. So many people helped me. Whether it was 1$ or 100$ every penny was a huge help and was stretched to the fullest. I can promise you that everyone I've ever met with an s197 has heard me talk about this site and I've met a lot of steller contacts through this site. Many users/vendors have provided me with help/advice whenever needed. I wish i could fully fill everyone in as to my personal situation and shortcomings and answer to where all of my hard earned cash moneys has gone but i cant. Thats not the type of person i am.

God bless you all! And lets have a wicked awesome summer doing what we love!

Now onto the meat and potatoes.

Engine:
302 stroker
CP pistons 9.8:1 (.20 over)
Manley h beams
Kellogg crank (3.80 stroke)
BBR'S Lockouts
Trick flow springs
Stock cams
Mmr street/strip oil pump

Fuel system:
Fore billet hat
Twin GT pumps
SD 80#ers

Power adder:
76mm CW ceramic bb turbo
Cold side a/r .80 exhaust a/r .96
4" inlet 3" outlet
On3's hot side
Full custom 3" cold side

Will add more info when i get home from work.

The only reason this rebuild has happened so fast is due to of all of the great people on this forum. I couldn't dream of a better community to be involved with. It should be running very soon.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my phone. I'm driving

Last edited:

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
No Dyno this week. I'm currently learning how to wire tuck though lol

47c5d719-8e84-b001.jpg

Sent from my phone. I'm driving

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back