Modding never stops!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Purchased a set of painted/blacked out tailights for the Tundra, came today and installed them, what a difference they make, esp on a black truck....plus I prefer the rounded lens's vice the sqaure ones.

Last edited:

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Not trying to be a D bag or start shit , But why did you buy a tundra over a Ford , Chevy , Dodge?

I find when it comes to trucks, America has it in the bag.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Disagree...at least up until this point...the Tundra blew the F 150 away with the power/tranny...I was at the Ford dealer, looked at a F150 in 07, went next door to the Toyota dealer and it was no contest..the 5.4 is an ok motor but the 4 spd tranny was old and outdated; the Tundra had the 5.7 with a 6 spd tranny and the interior was miles ahead of Ford, at least the Crew Max was with space.

When I was looking at new trucks I looked at the new Ram, still had the 07 Tundra, parked them next to each other and my wife and I spent 15 mins sitting in each of them and we liked the Tundra Crew Max better for interior leg/head room/comfort.

Now if I was in the market for a truck the F150 V6 Eco Boost would be getting a lot of my attention!

Never been a fan of Chevy's.

And as far as being built in America....Tundra's are built in San Antonio, TX using 80% parts from America..more than the F150.

Last edited:

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Disagree...at least up until this point...the Tundra blew the F 150 away with the power/tranny...I was at the Ford dealer, looked at a F150 in 07, went next door to the Toyota dealer and it was no contest..the 5.4 is an ok motor but the 4 spd tranny was old and outdated; the Tundra had the 5.7 with a 6 spd tranny and the interior was miles ahead of Ford, at least the Crew Max was with space.

When I was looking at new trucks I looked at the new Ram, still had the 07 Tundra, parked them next to each other and my wife and I spent 15 mins sitting in each of them and we liked the Tundra Crew Max better for interior leg/head room/comfort.

Now if I was in the market for a truck the F150 V6 Eco Boost would be getting a lot of my attention!

And as far as being built in America....Tundra's are built in San Antonia, TX using 80% parts from America..more than the F150.

San Antonio !

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Damn that looks sharp! Changes the whole look of the truck from toy hauler to pissed off gonna rip your head off toy hauler. You done good brother!

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score

And as far as being built in America....Tundra's are built in San Antonia, TX using 80% parts from America..more than the F150.

Bang blew my mind. lol Good points Greg, I didn't know that the Tundra was made in the USA.:hi:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
According to the Apr 2011 Car and Driver the threshold used to determine how a vehicle is domestic/foreign is 75%; if the 75% or more of the parts come from the US or Canada it considered domestic.

F 150-60% non domestic
Silverado/Sierra-61% non domestic
Ram-70% non domestic
Tundra-80% domestic

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Continuing with the blacked out theme...

Smoked third brake light and painted door handles came today...truck came with chrome handles, bought a set of the flat black handles to see how they would look, pics of all 3:

Last edited:

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score
According to the Apr 2011 Car and Driver the threshold used to determine how a vehicle is domestic/foreign is 75%; if the 75% or more of the parts come from the US or Canada it considered domestic.

F 150-60% non domestic
Silverado/Sierra-61% non domestic
Ram-70% non domestic
Tundra-80% domestic

interesting

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back