Murphy Oil Soap

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Kerosene is one I have seen used, also. Older couple. Looks great for a day or 2, then attracts & holds all the dust.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
say good bye to any wax or protection you may have had on your car. Also... good bye to your trim after awhile. Murphys oil also attracts dust like crazy, ever see your floors a week or so after using that shit to clean with... ick.

Car soap isn't that expensive, if you want something that leaves a decent shine, buy something like Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, and just make sure you dillute it properly.

Last edited:

ixtlan

Reaction score
It contains Potassium hydroxide (caustic potash) and Ethanol.
PH is what they use in alkaline batteries and is corrosive to metals.
I am thinking this is a bad idea.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I have seen people use WD40 before, but good luck if you ever need any body work after you use that shit, probably would be a bitch to get the surface prepped right to get paint to stick.

mulestang

All Show, No Go
Reaction score
I went through a period where I used MOS on my 93 GT. I'll be honest with you, I don't think it was 'all that'. It didn't clean very well to begin with. I think it's touted among the classic car crowd because they believe it to be gentle on the finish. Most of those guys don't get their cars very dirty. I gave up on it and went back to Meguiars.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back