Mustang drift techniques!

Discussion in 'Drift Racing Tech Discussion' started by Schnee197, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Schnee197

Schnee197 forum member

I enjoy drifting my mustang a lot. I use the clutch kick to get tail out at the apex of the corner. I was wondering if any of our more experianced drifters here had any tips for entering the drift earlyer, I have been trying to get the trail braking entry down but I havnt been able to pull it off yet.

2. BAKnBLK2010

BAKnBLK2010 Harley Davidson FLHTCI

Two in one day....

3. Schnee197

Schnee197 forum member

I'm on fire bud.

4. dcjones

dcjones forum member

Trail braking entry is a waste of time. No one does it. E-brake or clutch kick depending on the course layout.

5. Schnee197

Schnee197 forum member

Ok. My ebrake dosnt feel like its got enough bit to lock the rear tires, any suggested upgrades?

6. fivehunsky

fivehunsky forum member

The factory ebrake works just fine. Just pull harder. And remember to push in the clutch when you do.

7. Silverrider

Silverrider forum member

So when you pull the ebrake hard and engage the clutch you steer into direction of the corner once you start drifting you release and punch the gas right? Sorry trying to understand drifting a little more, I would love to learn how to better!

8. fivehunsky

fivehunsky forum member

Where are you located? There are alot of different variables to drifting. It would be much easier to just find a local event to go to and practice. DO NOT street drift to learn unless you can afford to fix you car. YOU WILL eventually wreck or get caught.

If you want a video to watch to help learn find "the drift bible." It goes over all the basics and helps you learn how to do it right instead of teaching yourself how not to do it right then having to re-learn it later :)

9. Silverrider

Silverrider forum member

Haha, I don't drift in the street, just kind of want to get into it, have watched a million videos and I am to the point where I think I need to try. I am in manhattan, ks.... nothing that I know of goes on anywhere around here...

10. krang00

krang00 forum member

this

I usually give a quick toss the opposite direction of the turn, clutch in, quick e-brake and on the gas for most entries. But like above, it really depends on the course layout.

11. Xile

Xile forum member

Can you drift in automatics?

12. Silverrider

Silverrider forum member

You can drift anything dude!

13. mancha

mancha forum member

The ole Scandinavian flick? Classic rally technique.

14. Beef Supreme

Beef Supreme forum member

That's what she said.

15. Dreadknought

Dreadknought HOON MONSTER

So what are those particular examples where which is better?

16. dcjones

dcjones forum member

E-brake works well if you need to decelerate or slow down after you initiate a drift. Road Atlanta is a good example. It also works well if you need to get the car to rotate fast but don't want to pick up speed while doing so.

Clutch kick works well if you need to accelerate through the initiation point to have the proper line going to the first clip point or apex. This will keep your speed up as well.

Both are used through a course to adjust line or keep the rear tires spinning.

17. Godzirra

Godzirra Asian Idiot

All right look man there lots of ways you can do this all right. Handbraking is the easiest so the first thing I want you to do, I want you to rip that E-Brake all right. After you rip that E-Brake then I want you to power over.

18. Scrape

Scrape forum member

Interesting techniques...

19. sick3v

sick3v forum member

just try not to wreck Mona :roflmao:

20. Dreadknought

Dreadknought HOON MONSTER

Perfect! This will be a big help with the learning curve. Thank you.