My 4.6L to GT500 5.4L swap

Boozshey

Reaction score
If this isn't tech sorry, didn't know where else to put it.

So after going through the 2 motors in less than 3 months I decided I would go back to stock. Well sort of...

Tomorrow we will be swapping the harness and doing all the electrical, I will also be swapping in the steering wheel, leather wrapped dash, leather center console, info mirror, and cluster.

THERE ARE NO PARTS FROM THE GT500 FOR SALE!!!

Here is the results:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
It's about time you put up some pics Bruce. Looks good. Does the GT500 motor just sit on the stock GT k-member? Why not go with tubular k-member and some headers while the motor is out?

Boozshey

Reaction score
Headers aren't really worth it for me. We just dropped the K-member from the GT500 with everything still attached and slid it under my car and bolted it back up.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I will do the evo stage 3 kit when I get home from training in Nov.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Great work man! Bout' time you put this thing in there, I had a feeling it was just a matter of time lol

Boozshey

Reaction score
This is awesome congrats, Saleen kit wasn't cutting it for you?

Don't know if it was or not. I did like the looks, but I never got a chance to use it since both motors gave out before we could really get it running right.

1MEANSALEEN

forum member
Reaction score
Don't know if it was or not. I did like the looks, but I never got a chance to use it since both motors gave out before we could really get it running right.

I hear ya, check out my build thread in the Pics section. Should be a beast :beer:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Man, I will tell you what, I do hate them, but looking at the 5.4, a lot of them are already hidden well. I might just cover the loom with braided sleeving, but I am not so hard-up on it this time. The biggest motivation last time was to balance out the engine bay since I had the big empty space where the CAI use to be. By relocating the PCM and stuff it evened thing out. But now... Hmmm... Really got look into it. I have some ideas though.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
So I went back to stock!!! Kind of?!?! Check it out...

Awesome man !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back