My dealer sucks!

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Just needed to put this out there this is the second time I went to my dealers service department and was shot down again! The first time was to install my push button starter kit and I got the we don't really do that stuff and it would void your Warranty. OK that's fine I can live with that but this time I go there with a borla axleback and get the same thing, well we only deal with OEM stuff! It a OEM design! It uses all the same hardware. I mean really, I assume they have real mechanics. It baffles me that I keep trying to give them my money and they don't freaking want it. :banghead:
Apparently there a glorified jiffy lube that only specialize in oil change and tire rotation. So here's my shout out to the best service department out there Norris Ford!

Sent from my standard issue Star Trek communicator

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
One simple thing. If it ain't OEM, they cannot warranty it. Most dealers I know of aren't going to install non-OEM parts.

Take it to a real man in your neighborhood and let him install it for beer. I mean seriously, Axel backs are NOT hard to do on your own. Otherwise, take it to a local exhaust shop to do the axle backs and a Sound Shop to do the push-button shit.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
Really wow. They do suck. I
Work at a ford dealer and we are willing to install any parts that a customer want to supply. I guess they don't like money. If u were here I would gladly take your money in exchange for any service u may way. (car service)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleshmcfilth123

Reaction score
If I were a dealer I would only mess with oem and ford racing stuff. Too much liability installing aftermarket goodies, you have fitment issues or the part fails and suddenly it's the dealer's fault.

That being said, my dealership will install anything I bring them, although I opt to do the work myself. Mufflers and push button start are easy dude, go buy a $50 tool kit at Sears and some jack stands and get to work.

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
I got the starter done at a different shop he does good work but is really out of my way to go to. And I know I could swap the exhaust myself just got a lot going on with my work and spending the rest of my time renavating the house I'm moving into. I was just hoping to advoid more projects lol. Shit I'm still sitting on a set of hood pins to install..but I guess I'll just for it myself

sharkbaits

forum member
Reaction score
Give us a call if you need aftermarket part's installed.

Most dealer's wont work with aftermarket parts OR customer supplied parts.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Aftermarket parts are not covered by warranty. Even though you would think that the dealer would want to take the easy money they don't!

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I did it yesterday it was very easy! I'm glad I did it myself today I'm going to tackle the hood pins

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
No surprise. I had transmition issues with my Pontiac G6 GTP with 40K miles on it. THINK the torque converter wasnt locking correctly and wasnt bad enough to throw a code yet. I took it to a GM dealership for it to be looked at (as most of the mechanics I know mess my car up more then they help). The dealership was looking at it, they tired to install new software. When the PCM/TCM wouldnt take it and I told them its because its tuned and been like that for 6 years, they didnt care. They refused to look at it anymore untill I set the car back to stock and unlock the PCM/TCM. I was willing to pay for the repair as I know it wasnt under warrenty anymore. Dealership didnt care, they basically acted like the tune was the devil! And any aftermarket was satans doing! Thats when 2 days later I traded in my G6 to order my 2013 Mustang GT.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
No surprise. I had transmition issues with my Pontiac G6 GTP with 40K miles on it. THINK the torque converter wasnt locking correctly and wasnt bad enough to throw a code yet. I took it to a GM dealership for it to be looked at (as most of the mechanics I know mess my car up more then they help). The dealership was looking at it, they tired to install new software. When the PCM/TCM wouldnt take it and I told them its because its tuned and been like that for 6 years, they didnt care. They refused to look at it anymore untill I set the car back to stock and unlock the PCM/TCM. I was willing to pay for the repair as I know it wasnt under warrenty anymore. Dealership didnt care, they basically acted like the tune was the devil! And any aftermarket was satans doing! Thats when 2 days later I traded in my G6 to order my 2013 Mustang GT.

Ok I'm a tech at a ford dealer. And from a tech point of view. Let's say your concern fits a TSB. And that TSB states that there is issues that may cause your concern. and the fix is an updated calibration. Then the first step is to flash the PCM/TCM. And retest for normal operation. But I don't know y they couldn't flash it. Here at ford I would have just flashed it. But I don't know what happen in your case.

Also. Just talking about this topic. A Shelby came in with pulley swap, DR and a tune. He brought a clutch RAM center-force IIRC. So we just installed it for him. Money is money. We just told him the only warranty he has is workmanship.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I'm a tech at a ford dealer. And from a tech point of view. Let's say your concern fits a TSB. And that TSB states that there is issues that may cause your concern. and the fix is an updated calibration. Then the first step is to flash the PCM/TCM. And retest for normal operation. But I don't know y they couldn't flash it. Here at ford I would have just flashed it. But I don't know what happen in your case.

I can see your point of view. If the dealer i went to would have explained it in that way to me instead of there way things may have been diffrent. They couldnt flash it as was done at a tune shop and its 'locked'. Without the tuner unlocking it any flash to the PCM and TCM just rejects it. Even the GM Tech 2 scanner.

Urban.E23

forum member
Reaction score
I get what your saying but when I'm doing stuff to my car I want to know its being done by a qualified mechanic who has experience working on my car, I don't get why dealers can't come up with a liability clause for the middedparts that I would sign off on then at least I know the work is being done by ppl that are trained with my model car

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If a dealer has more work to do than techs and time to handle, adding owner supplied parts and/or aftermarket stuff only adds stress and liability to the shop.

A friend of mine has a small independent repair shop. He has two posted labor rates. His hourly rate if he sells you the parts and his hourly rate if you supply the parts. If you supply the parts, he charges a little more because he looses money that way and because he takes ownership of any problem that follows. His customers don't even blink at it and gladly pay. He's fairly busy. Money is green and that's all he cares about as far as the business is concerned.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ not a bad idea.

I know for a fact on ford cars you can blank pass PCM and flash them no matter what. And I do t know if it's possible to block a ford PCM. Someone else may know.

As far as work load goes. We have alot
Of work load. We just came off an extended hour week cause of work load but we always take in work no matter what. Our writers want CP work cause they get paid more. But like you guys said. It's up to the dealer

Back