my wheels dont fit.need help on simple question.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
so i ordered new wheels from tirerack.com. i used the drop down meneu to locate exact specs for my vehicle and when i got them in,i went to tire place to get them mounted.the rims i ordered are not fitting due to rubbing against my brakes.they are factory brakes with 18 x 9 wheels.

my question is:
what is it called as far as the minimum distance i need to look for? Is it called offset,backspacing,something else? if you know what its called, what would be the minimum distance i need to look for? Im by no means a wheel expert so could really use help to make sure this wont happen again.

wheel name:Enkei Performance LS-5

Size: 18x9
Offset: +40mm
Backspacing: 6.61"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114

enkei_ls5_b_ci3_l.jpg

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Looks like you will need some spacers. How much do you lack for the wheels to clear?

Offset and backspacing has nothing to do really with whether or not your brakes will clear, it is the design of the spokes themselves.

Offset and backspacing will determine whether your wheel lip will stick out of the fender or not.

Last edited:

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
thanks miracle. its about 1/2 inch. it stupid,because tire rack said it would fit and it clearly didnt but great service.they are sending me packing materials to send back free of charge so no complaints as far as that goes.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
SO you are just going to send em back?

I would... I never cared for Enkei wheels that weren't RPF1's or NT03's.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Just so ya know... Offset is the distance (in millimeters) between the MOUNTING FLANGE of the wheel, to the center line of the wheel. Backspace is pretty much the opposite, and it's the distance (in millimeters) from the mounting flange of the wheel, to the back lip.

wheel-offset-backspace.gif

tech-offset-image.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back