My whipple and pulley size

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
My Whipple HO, 47lb.hr injectors, GT500 pumps, Brisk plugs and IAT relocation are at the US/Canada border. It should get it here on Friday or Monday. It's a Gen 2 kit and I specified getting a 3.5 pulley, it will also be dyno tuned after the install.
Should I be worried about the stock block/rods at this power level? Are there any details that I overlooked?

update; 4/22/10 Blower is at the shop....install next week!

Last edited:

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
no just make sure you get a good tune, i was dynoed with the supplied 3.125" pulley at 505 RWHP 468 RWTQ and just swapped in the 3.375" and am probably making maybe 10-15 hp less with more timing. Is it a brand new kit? whipple has been sending out all kinds of different pulley set ups...

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it's a brand new kit. Whats "safe" timing with 91 octane? I can only find 92 or 93 occasionally, so my plan is to tune for 91 and run 92 whenever possible. I know whipple is famous for supplying 3.375 and 3.25 pulleys, which is why I specifically asked for a 3.5. I actually got a tuner kit, and got all the other pieces seperately, so hopefully the 3.5 shows up as promised.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Yes it's a brand new kit. Whats "safe" timing with 91 octane? I can only find 92 or 93 occasionally, so my plan is to tune for 91 and run 92 whenever possible. I know whipple is famous for supplying 3.375 and 3.25 pulleys, which is why I specifically asked for a 3.5. I actually got a tuner kit, and got all the other pieces seperately, so hopefully the 3.5 shows up as promised.

I think I've talked you before on MF, you live in Calgary?

I think the 3.5 will be fine at your elevation, you will lose about 2 psi.

Don't get it tuned at Tech Motion. Did you tuner kit come with the Ford?whipple tune? That's a good safe start.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Ya Vapour thats me, I ordered it from The Mustang Shop in Calgary, they will give me a tune on my sct to drive it until i can book it in to be tuned on their Mustang dyno at the shop. I saw another members bad experience from tecmotion...They called me today 3pm, its in! I'm hopeful install will be done this time next week.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Eric Brooks will be back in Edmonton mid June tuning a bunch of cars. If you're interested in getting him to tune it let me know, and I can probably get you in on that.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm thanks for the offer! I do have 3 hours of dyno time reserved with The Mustang Shop, would that $400 be better spent with E Brooks?

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
That pulley will prob get you around 8 psi. Eric Brooks is an awesome tuner, if you can have him do your car all the way up in Canada i would do that for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back