Need an Oil Seperator on the new 5.0? YEP!!

S197 in SC

Reaction score
21-2013-mustang-boss-302s-galpin.jpg

This is what I was referring to...

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
That's a Peterson 08-0400 breather can which comes on the CJ and the Boss S. Amazon.com had good pricing on them when I bought one.

S197 in SC

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will need to do more research. I don't know the difference between an oil separator and a remote breather. Thanks again!

5.0_

Reaction score
With the amount of oil getting into the canister you don't want to run breathers.
You will get oil drip and smell.

Jay

Installed boss manifold and after seeing the amount of oil that was in the stock manifold even after the jlt catch can so I immediately installed breathers. Both passenger and drivers side. Been driving it daily and after 1000 miles I have zero oil under my hood and along with that zero oil in my intake and beyond. Normal and aggressive driving. Your product DOES catch a lot of oil although not all of it. Good quality construction I did like it. I just dint want any oil in there. Personal preference

whitestang5

forum member
Reaction score
When you guys are putting breathers do you take out the factory pcv valve because there is not vacuum them for it to work correct? The peterson can take the factory pcv valve out and replaces it with a valve like on the lh side head. I just wonder if the valve with 2 breather on actually opens anymore?

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
just got around to buying and installing a Bob's ultimate oil separator yesterday. very high quality piece

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

Last edited:

70monte

Reaction score
just got around to buying and installing a Bob's ultimate oil separator yesterday. very high quality piece

sent from my HTC M8 using tapatalk

This is the catch can I run on my 14 GT except I have the basic model with the rubber hoses and hose clamps.

Wayne

drboyd

Reaction score
Nice, but are you...

....still using plastic sprinkler fittings between the can and the hoses?

travelers

Reaction score
I just received the Peterson catch can for the coyote engine. They said it would take 6 weeks to make but received it in just over 3 weeks. Super nice piece...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back