need help decideing on twin turbos

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
i am thinking of selling my hot side of my hellion kit along with my 80mm triple ceramic ball bearing turbo to go to a twin turbo setup wile using my air to air cold side. what does everyone think of this. if so what size turbo do you think i should i go with along with what size exhaust housing. also how much do you think i can get for the exhaust side of the hellion kit along with the turbo, and the stock manis high temp coated. the turbo along is $3000 new and the whole kit only has 3000 miles on it, and is high temp coated and wrapped in fiberglass and comes with turbo blanket. the down pipe has a bung welded in for wide band o2. the only thing that want be in the kit is the intercooler piping and intercooler. the kit id the off road race pipe kit and it made 707whp and 700wtrq @16psi on 93 octane. the main thing i am looking at is what size to go with on the exhaust and what size turbo.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for more power than what you have now then the best bang for the buck would be a pair of 61mm T3/T4 BB turbos. You may make out better selling the complete Hellion kit and going with the THP twin kit or building your own if you have the talent.

Earl

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
^^i agree. sell the whole kit and save yourself a headache. then buy a full twin kit. definitely 61s or better. whats your HP goal? what is your block and internals rated to? what is the goal of the car? track? street? strip?

Bobby

Reaction score
i want to make 800's on about 16-18psi or so and 1000 on higher boost. and my block is good for 1200whp, and it will be a street/strip. how much do you think i can get for my kit plus 39lb injectors and a boost-a-pump.

blade

forum member
Reaction score
If you are looking for more power than what you have now then the best bang for the buck would be a pair of 61mm T3/T4 BB turbos. You may make out better selling the complete Hellion kit and going with the THP twin kit or building your own if you have the talent.

Earl
i totally i agree with you, twin 61mm from THP will be the one i will go for if i want twin turbo kit

Bobby

Reaction score
really with all my up grades like high temp coating, turbo xs billet bov, tial 44mm waste gate, blow through conversion, turbo blanket, off road pipes, fiber glass high temp wrap, high temp coating on exhaust housing of turbo, 80mm $3000 turbo, high temp stock exhaust manis, and even if i through in the 39lb injectors and boost-a-pump.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you can ask 5.5, but people will still see it as a used kit. put it on ebay with a 6k reserve and see what happens.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
May be best to sell the turbo seperate as I bet it was a pretty penny. Then sell the hellion kit just pipes, valve's and cooler.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
There is a few on the forum now in the 3500 to 4500 range minus fuel systems that dont have as big a turbo as you do.That being said they are still for sale.Not a lot of people parting with their money right now for big ticket items it seems.

Bobby

Reaction score
ok the turbo sells for $3000 i think i can get $2000 fro it now. how much can i get for the hellion kit minus the turbo. that means every thing (oil lines, turbo bracket, blow through set up, intercooler piping and intercooler, couplings, t-bolt clamps, v-band clamps along with stock hellion draw through pipes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back