New Build Thread:

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Wow 9.40s @ 148.5 mph is awesome for the first runs. That mph looks promising, especially in that DA. I will be in Canada in July---going to visit family in Kalispell Montana, then head up to Calagary and Banff.

How is the track in Calgary? I may be racing there quite often when I move up to the northwest in a couple years. Spokane and Billings are the only 1/4 mile tracks I have been able to find--then of course is the awesome track outside of Seattle.

The track in Calgary is marginal IMHO. The city owns the land and have been looking for excuses to break the lease and shut the track down for the last several years. It looks like we might get a couple more season's reprieve but there hasn't been much money spent as a result of the uncertainty. Castrol in Edmonton (a couple hours further north) is a nice facility. There's also a track in Medicine Hat east of Calgary. If you're through here on a Wednesday night, if the weather is good we have a weekly cruise night at Deerfoot Mall in the north end. There's usually a large mustang contingent - drop by and say hi.

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Well we were able to improove a little , ran a 9.351 @ 147.98 mph . we then backed that up with a 9.388 @ 148.43 mph . The track was a little greasy . car was pulling 1.43x 60 ' . I would like to thank Jpc , RGR , and Insane racing fabrication , for there dedication on making this project a success . Once we learn the car a little better and turn up the boost a little , I think we will be pleasantly supprised . Thanks Guys , job well done !

Will post up video later in the week .

Last edited:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
Well we were able to improove a little , ran a 9.351 @ 147.98 mph . we then backed that up with a 9.388 @ 148.43 mph . The track was a little greasy . car was pulling 1.43x 60 ' . I would like to thank Jpc , RGR , and Insane racing fabrication , for there dedication on making this project a success . Once we learn the car a little better and turn up the boost a little , I think we will be pleasantly supprised . Thanks Guys , job well done !

Will post up video later in the week .

Sweet Gerry, you'll have to get it out of the street tune soon.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
No, I went off the data posted here::poke2:
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Glad to see the car is making progress, cant wait to see it in action up here.

That is not accurate. I can say that because I have a Race Air weather station and I can tell you the data they have from the Milan NMRA race is way off in the baro ect. Plus the water grains make a hugh difference. Just saying we were going off hard data #'s. The car this past weekend in Canada with no other changes went 9.3x's @ 148+ same tune up.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gerry, your car is awesome. Between you and Pete, it will make it a lot easier to get my car further. I wanted to thank you guys. Whats the stall when you put the petal down on the transbrake with no 2step?

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Gerry, your car is awesome. Between you and Pete, it will make it a lot easier to get my car further. I wanted to thank you guys. Whats the stall when you put the petal down on the transbrake with no 2step?

Not quite sure , it is quite high though . I think its in the 4800 - 5500 range . Maybe Tommy could jump in and help out with this one ? :popcorneat:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is not accurate. I can say that because I have a Race Air weather station and I can tell you the data they have from the Milan NMRA race is way off in the baro ect. Plus the water grains make a hugh difference. Just saying we were going off hard data #'s. The car this past weekend in Canada with no other changes went 9.3x's @ 148+ same tune up.

Tommy what was the DA at milan the other weekend? It was crazy Humid

On 19.5 lbs. of boost

reaction = .083
60' = 1.432
330' = 3.964
660' = 6.045
MPH = 118.42
990' = 7.783
1320' = 9.351
MPH = 147.98
actual altitude = 2280'
corrected altitude = 4600'
Looking foward to working out a few bugs , and then turning up the wick when its time . :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afU9h7DfXME

Wow congrats sir!!! :beer::beer:

icebox

forum member
Reaction score
Are you guys thinking of coming up to to toronto. I think it would be nice to see you guys run at canadian street car nationals in aug.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back