New engine build

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Pic of the day
4ahynype.jpg

Enviado desde mi MotoX

A broken shop door knob???? Have you Dyno'd it yet? Lol!!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like something has been modified, maybe in a lathe?

Yeap, the marks are because of the balancer that was already in and it is tight tight. There is an issue there but nothing can be done now but I think it may work even with it, we'll see.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
To get the tight balancer back on it you can most likely heat up the center of it(balancer) with a good heat gun before you try to put it on. I had to do that with my innovators west balancer. Also put a light coating of anti-seize on the crank snout.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Oven @200° for about an hour

I have seen people hammer then on. Omg they wonder why they have problems in life in general

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Looks like the woodriff key is messed-up on the end.
That that "wheel spacer" not fit on there?

Good luck, and waiting for the results.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
To get the tight balancer back on it you can most likely heat up the center of it(balancer) with a good heat gun before you try to put it on. I had to do that with my innovators west balancer. Also put a light coating of anti-seize on the crank snout.

Is a Roush UDP (looks really nice BTW, way better than Steedas, if you one makes the typical and some times idiotic "looks" valuation) and plan is to use some sealant at the key as with the others. I think the snuggy fit is more because of the reworked nose.

Oven @200° for about an hour

I have seen people hammer then on. Omg they wonder why they have problems in life in general

And that is the first thing they tell you not to do, the thing is that I don't know why, I see those people most of the time get away with everything and I that am very picky with stuff, gets very unlucky.

Looks like the woodriff key is messed-up on the end.
That that "wheel spacer" not fit on there?

Good luck, and waiting for the results.

It has all been custom modded but is good, only issue is that the key can't be moved farther back and is not long enough to safely grab the rear TFS gear so I wont be degreeing it.

Results? Well, no results for a few weeks, I may be the only idiot in the planet to break a ring using an ARP ring compressor. For some reason this one doesn't works as my others did and broke an end of an oil control ring. I hate myself today.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Any advice on where to get these rings fast?

Ford dealer? They usually sell them in sets for one piston. It's just the oil control ring, right? If it's the center part that holds oil you should be able to cut a larger one down.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ford dealer? They usually sell them in sets for one piston. It's just the oil control ring, right? If it's the center part that holds oil you should be able to cut a larger one down.

Is one of the upper/lower control rings, I don't now if these are the same as the stock ones, these are Mahles.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Mahle got back to me and got to order a single piston set of rings, with luck I would have them next week, with all the freight it will cost me about 60$, yay! :thud:

In the meantime, pic of the day:

pysa7aba.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
So 4.6 block but what crank? 8 bolt but can't identify it. Also what bearings are those? Not oem or clevite. Sealed power?

Also can't tell but did you install the other half piece of the thrust bearing?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
So 4.6 block but what crank? 8 bolt but can't identify it. Also what bearings are those? Not oem or clevite. Sealed power?

Also can't tell but did you install the other half piece of the thrust bearing?

A crank that howls at the moon at night. Custom made bearings done here from a sold brass piece.

Yes, 3 pieces are installed.

Pic of the day

yzequpe6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back