New guy from Dallas TX area

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was randomly searching the interwebz for the stock hood weight for a s197 and found this forum. So, I thought I would join and say hello.

For those that dont know me, im Aaren. A short life story/history..
I went to school at MMI out in phoenix back in the day to work on bikes. I did that a few years but then joined the military. I am still in as a reservist.
I worked two seasons with the Hector/Wiley Texas outlaw promod team as a "clutch guru" and all around mechanic. I now work at Autocomp Racecars in Haltom City TX. We can build just about anything. I work there because Marty, the owner, lets me build whatever I want for my cars for nothing. lol
We can build anything, but, we are usually fabbing rear ends for legends cars or widening formula cars for big boys..
I am real big into road racing and some drifting. Im also real big into classic japanese cars. Ive been doing 240sx's and such for the track for a while and wanted to get something different.

I bought my 06 gt "for the wifey" but I get to play with it on the weekends.
So far, I havent done much. Ive only had it a month or so.
mods:
flowmaster axle backs
"good hoods" brand heat extractor hood
Mb battles in gun metal 17x9.5 +15 all around.. actually color match pretty well
Set of h&r "lowering" springs
I picked those springs up from a board member (no names) and were told they were the agressive 1.5 inch springs from hr. I should have done my homework first but I just picked them up and went home and installed them.. Turns out, they are the "sport" spring that "minimally lowers" the car.. Ghey.. They still feel good and improved the handling of the car.. they just didnt make it lower.. maybe a quarter inch.. No big deal I guess

Thats about it. The car is completely stock otherwise.. I plan on taking it to the road course every once in a while just to play.. nothing serious..

Here are some pics of my stuffs..

Here is my wifes old daily.. which was my old track beater.. 1974 datsun b210
b210.jpg

fivehunsky

forum member
Reaction score
More pics
Here is my rally beater. I built this the day after Colin Mcrae died. He was a personal hero to me and so I wanted a kind of tribute.. I couldn’t think of anything better than just building a car and driving it. So, I took an 85 535i bmw and built it for offroading.. These pics are from the Outback Adventure track back home.. its meant for bikes and quads.. its half salt flat half enduro.. with a little motocross track as well.. I took the car everywhere out there and it still ran.. My buddy actually daily’s the car now.. with new paint lol
100_1054.jpg

100_1059.jpg

Here are some promod/rail pics
This is the allan Johnson engine after a season of passes.. still looks fresh.. That’s oil, not coolant in the engine.. I get asked that a lot.. btw I can easily fit my entire hand in those ports..
100_1249.jpg

workin on the rail
100_1333.jpg

this an older underhood shot of the green car above. Thought somebody might like it lol
100_2648.jpg

Here are some pics of the mustang
IMG_4579.jpg

All the cars together.. btw.. Im putting a 5.0 in that bmw on the end.. should be fun..
IMG_1063.jpg

and.. Ill leave you with the creepiest pic Ive ever taken.. lol
100_3059.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome! Yay another Texan! :)

Yea the last pic is interesting......... lol. and random..

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Better yet, another person from the Metroplex. Welcome aboard.
Need a hookup for a shop let me know. And when you're ready to head out to the track let me know.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back