New here, upgraded from a V6 to V8 recently

Hypernova

Reaction score
Howdy! I have recently upgraded my 2001 New Edge V6 3.8L manual to a 2006 S197 GT 4.6L 3V Manual. Since I bought a S197, I might as well joining here in case if I got any questions. Before I ask away, I'll do some research before firing the shot. Who knows? Perhaps one day I can pitch in some helpful advises from my experiences.

This is my S197 GT:

This is my New Edge V6:

Outside of cars, I am just an average person who is a 1st and half generation immigrant. Nothing too special besides being a programmer (game and web development). I make arts here and there every blue moon.

Before I registered, I have already went over the rules/posting etiquette/tech section guidelines. I find most of the remarks and other posts mentioned by Stkjock are fair and straightforward. I've been to several forums in the past and they share a lot of similar structures. Still, I'm far from being perfect but please do let me know if I went off the rails.

By the way, English is not my first language but I am trying my best to get my point across.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
That's a very clean looking new pony you have there. I see that it has a JLT series 3 cold air intake. I hope the previous owner gave you the handheld tuner to go with it 'cause the ECU will have been reprogrammed with an aftermarket performance tune.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Sexy - congrats & welcome! You'll be amazed at what +2 cyls does f/ power & sound. Cheers!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:bigwelcome:

nice upgrade, best stock looking wheels Ford put on the S197s as well, thank you for checking out the rules first :cheers:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really like the silver with those stripes.

Hypernova

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

That's a very clean looking new pony you have there. I see that it has a JLT series 3 cold air intake. I hope the previous owner gave you the handheld tuner to go with it 'cause the ECU will have been reprogrammed with an aftermarket performance tune.
To be fair, I bought this from a dealer ($6800 for around 120k miles, the original price is $7900) but it is easily under my budget with payments for around 3 years. Still, I am looking to purchase a tuner by around early next year or so. One of my friend recommend me to look into AM or LMR. I can check out the posts in the forums and see what other people prefer. I don't want to do too much to the car until I paid the vehicle off. I plan to keep the vehicle forever.

Sexy - congrats & welcome! You'll be amazed at what +2 cyls does f/ power & sound. Cheers!
Definitely! It is a massive amount of improvement over performance and sound. From my experiences, the clutch felt a bit lighter compared to the V6. Then again the New Edge V6 is cable clutch while the S197 GT is hydraulic.

:bigwelcome:

nice upgrade, best stock looking wheels Ford put on the S197s as well, thank you for checking out the rules first :cheers:
You betcha! I prefer to making someone else's life easier as long it is reasonable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back